Picture Painting

Just realized I'd seen this one before too... :LOL: Not wild on the processing as I'm not sure why you would want to turn a picture into a painting. But if that's what you are going for I would make it a little more obvious. The girl (hair, arm, mitten) are good, but the geese still look too much like a picture for my taste. The ground isn't working for me either, but if that's how the software (I don't know how you did it) does it, then what can you do?

Rustico said:
Just realized I'd seen this one before too... :LOL: Not wild on the processing as I'm not sure why you would want to turn a picture into a painting. But if that's what you are going for I would make it a little more obvious. The girl (hair, arm, mitten) are good, but the geese still look too much like a picture for my taste. The ground isn't working for me either, but if that's how the software (I don't know how you did it) does it, then what can you do?

Thanks mate, I think it was just a case of trying a new style in photoshop to see how it looked. I think I may make this the last attempt lol

Hi Matt,

Not really working for me either I'm afraid.
I think mainly because IMO the base image doesn't suit the treatment. I do quite like painting effects (and let's not open the can of worms that is "when does a photo cease being a photo and become a digital image?" :LOL:), but for me it needs a starting image that you could really envisage being the subject of a painting.

The "other Matt" came up with a very convincing watercolour rendering from a photo here, which might inspire you - I hope you don't give up on this completely if it's something you want to crack.

I think it is great. Creativity is the name of the thread. The outcome is in the eye of the beholder.

Back