Beginner Pictures look better in context

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Now first of all let me assure you that I am far from being an expert on anything photography related and I am a total newcomer to the forum however I have been having a good look through a lot of the various forums and one thing that has definitely hit me is that photos can look much better when in context. Now don't get me wrong, there are many reasons to try radically different ideas out and many work and some don't however if I give a few examples from the transport section then perhaps it may make sense.

There is a couple of pictures of a lovely Harley Davidson, both good pictures but one has a nice daytime scenic background which is fine but the other is darker and looks to be parked outside a graveyards front gates and just looks more "in context"

Whilst I totally understand that it is not always practical or easy to take pictures of cars, bikes, trains, planes etc whilst they are moving the pictures always seem to look better when they convey speed.

Modern cars and in particular high performance ones seem to suit the urban type of background where classic old cars seem to suit the countrified scenic type of background.

Hope this makes sense and I haven't caused any offence. Like I said it's just my observations so far and I may read this back in a week and think what a numpty I was :)

Back