Pintails

I like the first one Gramps(y). Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with the others because the subjects are all flying away from the camera, which rarely makes for a good shot imo.

great shots and lovely colours

what lens are you using

Last edited:
I like the first one Gramps(y). Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with the others because the subjects are all flying away from the camera, which rarely makes for a good shot imo.

Thanks ... not shooting the others would have led to a pretty boring day today :D

Ime pleased its not just my birds that fly the wrong way

Gramps, warm Autumn colours, the last one is the best for me

First is good, but I am distracted by the slightly OOF front duck …… just as an aside …… in this type of shot should you focus on the front bird's eye or the one at the rear, or does it matter …….. presumably at that distance even with f8 and above one bird is going to be slightly OOF

Last edited:
great shots and lovely colours

what lens are you using

Thanks, sorry to have missed your question, the lens was a Sigma 300-800 f5.6 :)

Ime pleased its not just my birds that fly the wrong way

Got some head-on today Mike :D

Gramps, warm Autumn colours, the last one is the best for me

First is good, but I am distracted by the slightly OOF front duck …… just as an aside …… in this type of shot should you focus on the front bird's eye or the one at the rear, or does it matter …….. presumably at that distance even with f8 and above one bird is going to be slightly OOF

In this instance I was focusing on the front bird ... ideally the eye but in truth when it's distant and at 800mm I would be lying if I said I always managed that :)

Back