Captive Play in the park (Rogue flash bender)

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
Went for a quick walk and play in the park (there was that funny yellow orb in the sky that I hadn't seen for ages!) Flashbender and diffusion panel used with a CLS trigger.

Managed a few pics before patience was lost - see if you can guess where they got bored!!

Sister Act
by Sir SR, on Flickr

Angel Eyes
by Sir SR, on Flickr

Mum's Hat
by Sir SR, on Flickr

Upside Down
by Sir SR, on Flickr

Superman Heat Vision
by Sir SR, on Flickr

Really, ANOTHER photo?
by Sir SR, on Flickr
Not used the camera in over a week so felt good to do a few pics!

As ever all comment/crit/general musings welcomed and encouraged!

Thanks for looking

Shaheed

These are really nice love the sutle use of flash :) number 2 is my favourite out of the set but they are all nice:)

These are really nice love the sutle use of flash :) number 2 is my favourite out of the set but they are all nice:)

Thanks - used a CPL filter on my tamron 28-75 and a diffused rogue flash bender to get a softer light. Was shooting contra jour until the sun got a bit too low!

Hi Shaheed,
I quite like the processing and the effects, bit different and a worthwhile experiment. I don't like the backgrounds. Too many rogue 'hard' lines disturbing the natural elements of the subjects. You have caught some great expressions but I am too busy seeking out the shadows of the buildings behind them. Number 4 would be lovely if the pole was cloned out and the image square cropped with the little girl in the centre of the image.

No2 would work really well but again, just clean up the background on the right of the image and you have a lovely image. The back-light in the hair (sun?) is lovely!

I really like them and with a bit of care when shooting and some tweaks in post they could be a great set!

Rich

Hi Shaheed,
I quite like the processing and the effects, bit different and a worthwhile experiment. I don't like the backgrounds. Too many rogue 'hard' lines disturbing the natural elements of the subjects. You have caught some great expressions but I am too busy seeking out the shadows of the buildings behind them. Number 4 would be lovely if the pole was cloned out and the image square cropped with the little girl in the centre of the image.

No2 would work really well but again, just clean up the background on the right of the image and you have a lovely image. The back-light in the hair (sun?) is lovely!

I really like them and with a bit of care when shooting and some tweaks in post they could be a great set!

Rich

Cheers for the helpful crit. Might have to actually start using photoshop rather than just LR4 then! I agree with the slight distractions of the backgrounds.

The park is a small one next to my house (on a new-build estate) so there are lots of houses around from every angle - I did my best to eliminate as many as I could whilst shooting!

Number two is my fave of the lot but she was 9 ft in the air on top of a roundabout (to get the sun between the other houses as a backlight) so was shooting one handed above my head with the rogue flashbender in the other!

I think I will revisit the mono in a square crop - the square crop will remove the pole of the roundabout anyway I think.

Thanks for looking and commenting

S

Hi Shaheed,

Rich

Quick square crop:

Upside Down Square Crop by Sir SR, on Flickr

really like your shots, what was your camera set up. were you on manual.I would like to have a go at this type of pix

really like your shots, what was your camera set up. were you on manual.I would like to have a go at this type of pix

Hi it was on manual, the flash was on ttl off camera (mainly high on axis/camera left as it was in my left hand) triggered by cls (onboard flash). The exif data is available on Flickr as I can't remember it off hand!

S

Last edited:
Loving No2 the rim light makes this shot for me- well shot fella

Les ;)

Back