'Point and shoot' at Elmdon Park

Name
Jacqui
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi; went for a wander to a localish park which we haven't been to before. I put the camera onto RAW (I'd totally forgotten that the camera edits for you otherwise, it's been so long since I've used it 'properly'!), and these are literally quick snaps which I also haven't looked at in terms of editing yet, because when it comes to that I'm a total novice. I've spotted that the colours are much stronger in the raws than in the jpegs, but further than that I wouldn't know where to start to tweak; what suggestions do you have? Thanks! (also, I hope I haven't uploaded them too big...) I should probably also mention that I only currently have the editing available in iPhoto on Mavericks, as everything else I've ever seen totally confuses me. I need 'editing for Dummies!'

View attachment 28872 View attachment 28873 View attachment 28874

You say the colours are stronger in raw,did you adjust the in camera settings for jpeg,as the camera leaves the factory with silly settings,if you adjust the sharpness i think to about 7+ and the saturation ect settings you will get the colours you talk about but in jpeg,raw is a better way to go though so long as you want to process the files.

Pretty good given the challenging contrast.

As mentioned already - aim to get lower down if you can.

Thank you - I was crouched, but the lake is below the footpath level, so I'm still looking down which is a bit of a shame! I shall have a look at what the camera settings are, as I didn't look before taking pics.

Last edited:
Back