Point of Ayr (lighthouse)

Edit My Images
Yes
I didn't think id ever get conditions like this here. I had been anxiously waiting on a zoom interview all morning and it was put back till 3pm Soon as i had finished off i went. I had been tracking the low pressure on the satellites and had seen a gap opening up so i took my chances. As am i walking/jogging to the beach because i knew the light was coming and i had to stop to get my camera out ready as i know from experience that the sand would of just been in the bag soon as i opened it on the beach and at least this way i was good to go soon as i got on to the main beach. I have always shot this light house from the other side but given the incoming light i had to adapt and decided to shoot it from the leaning side. I had around an hours worth of pretty spectacular conditions, and experienced some insane winds and rain. I'm always well equipped clothing wise expect this time i forgot my waterproof pants but i didn't care because i was there to experience Agnes and document it.
Dan

DSC04911.FBjpg by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

desert storm by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Agnes mono by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

DSC04965 by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Sail away by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

tal-mega-lightFB by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Last edited:
"Excellent" set of landscape style captures Danny, liking all of these very much.

Quite atmospheric ;)

Amazed you got a people free beach .I went there last week and there were people in deckchairs on it ..good shots btw

Great setting and as they say ‘it’s all about the light’ and you used it well. (y)

They are all very atmospheric, I like them.
I have to say I'm not sure about the lighthouse leaning.
I'd rather have a wonky horizon.
That really is just my personal opinion.

They are all very atmospheric, I like them.
I have to say I'm not sure about the lighthouse leaning.
I'd rather have a wonky horizon.
That really is just my personal opinion.
thank you, i like to shoot stuff how it is :)

Amazed you got a people free beach .I went there last week and there were people in deckchairs on it ..good shots btw
dont worry it's not just you, i have been when its full of people too!

Back