Polars with the tammy 150-600mm

Name
Marie
Edit My Images
No
I revisited HWP with the new tamron lens to see how it performed and took some shots of the polar bears in action.

Here are a couple, shot on a monopod

1. 600mm f6.3 iso1250 1/2000
14532376978_b092de68d6_o.jpg

2. 500mm f8 iso1250 1/1600
14746693302_09f0540784_o.jpg

Last edited:
1st appears over-exposed but is encouraging for this lens as it shows good detail at f6.3 at the long end, something that I have been concerned about as there is a lot of talk about needing f10 and above to produce sharp results.

Good action again Marie (y)
Are these taken through a fence? What are the other enclosures like for fences/glass etc?

1st appears over-exposed but is encouraging for this lens as it shows good detail at f6.3 at the long end, something that I have been concerned about as there is a lot of talk about needing f10 and above to produce sharp results.

Ah that was me messing about with the exposure in ps as I was going to do a high key version, I've replaced it now with the original.

The lens is great so long as there is some half decent light. A wee bit of high pass sharpening is usually all that is needed in ps.

Last edited:
Good action again Marie (y)
Are these taken through a fence? What are the other enclosures like for fences/glass etc?

These were through glass from a viewing point. Its not too bad for reflections so long as folk with bright clothes don't stand beside you. There are also fence areas that are closer to the bears.
Similar scenario with other enclosures, mainly fences with some glass viewpoints. The tigers through glass can be really tricky due to reflections. Ditto the red pandas.

Cheers Marie. And the original #1 is better imho.

Back