Pollet Arch

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Just back from a long weekend photography trip to the west coast of Ireland. This was taken in County Donegal and was an amazing place. Nightmare to find and a bit of a walk across and down fields and steep declines but worth it in the end. The weather didn't produce the sunrise we were hoping for but still a great morning for Long Exposure photography, my fav.

Pollet Arch large by RichardHurstPhotography, on Flickr

Really Nice!

I might be tempted to crop a tiny bit off the extreme right hand side, since it's not adding anything.

Super image. Great use of a long exposure. Rules are there to be broken and in this case having the horizon fairly central works with this composition.

crop from top??
full of technical work and came out fine

Really nice work! Lovely subtle blue grey colour in the sea. The long exposure has worked really well here. If you look hard you can see some diagonal rays faintly up over the arch. Impressive place and I love that large rock in the foreground. Lovely contrasting textures between the detail in the rock and the smooth flow of the water.
Great shot Richard!

what i meant..and only compositional

fug by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

it adds a feel of 'scape with a diagonal downwards l>r

Very nice, looks cold and bleak, wouldn't want to be in that water!

I see you have changed your image

everyone has their own personal taste :)

so do i, see my rebuff on my edit

"the OP is not for changing"..paraphrase margaret thatcher

so do i, see my rebuff on my edit

"the OP is not for changing"..paraphrase margaret thatcher

Geoff photography is a personal thing and we all have own tastes etc. Your version suits your liking and that is fine, I'm totally happy with that and thank you for your input. My reason for preferring mine is that i like to see the top of the cliff rather than cutting it off, it's just personal taste. No right or wrong answer. Totally agree about cropping the right hand side slightly as I missed that.

Geoff photography is a personal thing and we all have own tastes etc. Your version suits your liking and that is fine, I'm totally happy with that and thank you for your input. My reason for preferring mine is that i like to see the top of the cliff rather than cutting it off, it's just personal taste. No right or wrong answer. Totally agree about cropping the right hand side slightly as I missed that.

i am totally convinced and apologise, what escapes me is what cropping from the right hand side would be required to improve...i really would like to see it done for my interest please
cheers
geof

Last edited:
i am totally convinced and apologise, what escapes me is what cropping from the right hand side would be required to improve...i really would like to see it done for my interest please
cheers
geof

It really is a tiny thing about cropping from the right, just to remove the start of that rock, it's so small to be honest and not a major thing. It really isn't that noticeable and would be a bit OCD to do.

It really is a tiny thing about cropping from the right, just to remove the start of that rock, it's so small to be honest and not a major thing. It really isn't that noticeable and would be a bit OCD to do.

thats what i thought was meant...the rock needs some space or else it gets welded to the rh edge of the format...what i like and i thought was being referred to was the rock just under the water which is perfect,
but now i can see the offensive rock...that is quite a discreet observation...;)
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Back