Porkers - istanbul park

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
had a couple of weeks doing porsche stuff at istanbul park.
great facility i must say! by far Tilke's best work

DSF_0896_xlarge.jpg

1) Drag Racing

DSC_8429_xlarge.jpg

2) Marco Seefried watching one of the Boxters on the Slalom

DSF_1550_xlarge.jpg

3) Panamera Hybrid (managed 6 laps on electric power only)

DSF_1663_xlarge.jpg

4) Tracking shot of the C4S in Rothmans wrap

DSF_1618_xlarge.jpg

5) This car is nuts.. totally understated, but 0-62 in 2.8 secs. Had a go with the launch control and almost got whiplash

DSC_8671_xlarge.jpg

6) Gulf wrapped C2S

Like them all, 6 is my favourite closely followed by 5.

Six is just delicious. Not hating, but it really good to see your work unwatermarked. I like the first shot as something different too. Would be keen to see any more shots of the Rothmans wrap if there are any about!

Looks like you had some fun and that Porsche got the right man for the job too!

Six is just delicious. Not hating, but it really good to see your work unwatermarked. I like the first shot as something different too. Would be keen to see any more shots of the Rothmans wrap if there are any about!

your wish is my command

DSF_1710_xlarge.jpg

I prefer them with the watermarks! :D

Numbers 4 and 5 for me. The only one not really doing it for me is number 3, but that may be because I'm not a great fan of the Panamera?

I went to the F1 in Turkey in 2007. Amazing track, but the heat was unbearable. More people watched the race from under the grandstands than in them (probably why it always looked so empty on tv!). It was a real shame to see it disappear off the calendar. Other than fancy Porsche photoshoots do they actually use the track anymore?

#4 and 6 are stupendously good (y) keep going back to #4 and have to keep holding on to my desk as I'm sure I'm moving,superb tracking shot..

Clive.

How did you shoot the last one Gary. I'm assuming a tracking shot rather than rig as it 46mm focal length but 1/20th sec. How come so sharp?

How did you shoot the last one Gary. I'm assuming a tracking shot rather than rig as it 46mm focal length but 1/20th sec. How come so sharp?

hanging out the back of a 911 cabriolet trying not to fall out :)
put it this way, i did have to bin quite a few shots.. but you can do it at 1/20 if you us IS and have a smooth chauffeur.

hanging out the back of a 911 cabriolet trying not to fall out :)
put it this way, i did have to bin quite a few shots.. but you can do it at 1/20 if you us IS and have a smooth chauffeur.

LOL - nice work :)

Back