Portaflash LS2 Lightstands £4.25 at Jessops!

Edit My Images
Yes
This is a serious bargain - at one point Jessops were asking £35 or these :nuts:

Collect at store only,otherwise I'd have bought the lot :LOL:

Portaflash Lightstands £4.47

You can get a further 5% off using the code Jessops5

I'd agree with that too. There is another shopping deals website I subscribe to and the offers people give a heads up for are rarely found in my area. :bat:

A bit misleading on the home page, it has a link to the sales page saying at least 80% off. If you follow the link and then to tripods for example. There is a Manfrotto 458B for £249.97 down from £254.99 !!!! Even I don't need a calculator to work out that is'nt 80% less

the stands are on home delivery now as well.

the link to umbrella bracket doesnt work and cant find one on the site

A bit misleading on the home page, it has a link to the sales page saying at least 80% off. If you follow the link and then to tripods for example. There is a Manfrotto 458B for £249.97 down from £254.99 !!!! Even I don't need a calculator to work out that is'nt 80% less

Phoned them....

Me: "you have Manfrotto 458B at £254.99 in your 80% off Sale, but the reduced price is £249.97"

Jessops: "yessss?"

Me: "You don't see a problem with that?"

Jessops: <silence>

Me: "No?"

Jessops: "No.....not really........"

Several minutes of explaining the finer points of working percentages later.......

Jessops: "ahh....it's a mistake"

(y)

I dont even need one and I am tempted, looks like the brolly bracket is back up to £9.97 though

just looked and they are available for home delivery again

You sure? This is from 1 minute ago....

3661610575_f2cbafde93.jpg

Flash In The Pan;1661388]You sure? This is from 1 minute ago....

not lying honest it was there!!!!! :eek:

just pick up 3 light stands

and a 5in1 refelctor holder for under 16quid my deal of the month.

How would these compare to the 10.99 konig lightstands on 7dayshop? Just buy these instead? They appear to be available at my local jessops'

They are far far sturdier than the the £10 jobs.

Maybe 3 times the weight and air damped for use with proper studio heads

Picked up 2 last night the smaller 2 section stand shown above and a larger 3 section stand for about £1 more :D, guy in the shop was gutted he hadnt seen them lol

Last edited:
lol how nuts
i checked it last night at 3am when i posted above
and it was ready to be picked up from about 4 or 5 local branches

i check it now, and theres only one 7 miles away (no car)
:(

lol how nuts
i checked it last night at 3am when i posted above
and it was ready to be picked up from about 4 or 5 local branches

i check it now, and theres only one 7 miles away (no car)
:(

you could have order them, online for collection

thats what i did!!

Picked one up today, many thanks to Flash for the heads up.

Is a bit beefier than the Konig one from 7dayshop, larger base will probably make it slightly more stable, it lacks the carry bag that comes with the Konig which also folds down a little smaller..

Certainly well worth the fiver.

I was just looking at buying some stands to use with battery powered flashes, so this was ideal. I picked up 2 from the Oxford branch today. I regretted not getting 3, too late now, none left at that branch. If I was to buy the Portaflash Series 3 Tilt Bracket Universal at £9.97 each, what else would I need to hold a flashgun, or is there better at a similar price? I'm new to this.

If I was to buy the Portaflash Series 3 Tilt Bracket Universal at £9.97 each, what else would I need to hold a flashgun, or is there better at a similar price? I'm new to this.

You also need a coldshoe which goes on top of the adapter to hold the flashgun, they cost from around a fiver. Alternatively you could get one of the much more substantial Calumet adapters which come with a coldshoe fitted, for around £20.

you could have order them, online for collection

thats what i did!!

when you check stock in local stores on the product page
it brings up all my local branches saying ready for collection from tomorrow at 9.45am

when i go to checkout and search for my local stores
none come up as having stock
in fact any postcode i tried, none come up as being available anywhere

when you check stock in local stores on the product page
it brings up all my local branches saying ready for collection from tomorrow at 9.45am

when i go to checkout and search for my local stores
none come up as having stock
in fact any postcode i tried, none come up as being available anywhere

It can depend on how many you are trying to order - if you put "3" in the quantity box and the local store only have 2 then it will show that there are none available....

That's a bargain. I bought 3 of these stands for a tenner each + delivery from www.cameras2u.com which is now a jessops company last year.

Tried to get one of these, but my nearest store that has stock would be Harrogate. The Leeds shop would not put in a stock transfer request for me, and it would cost about £10 for me if I had to get train etc over.

Tried to get one of these, but my nearest store that has stock would be Harrogate. The Leeds shop would not put in a stock transfer request for me, and it would cost about £10 for me if I had to get train etc over.

Bugger!

I checked harrogarte and it said none available - off to re-check

And still none.

Last edited:
Back