Portraits of a River

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
I like the last 3 , No 7 in particular ,the first ones look a bit like close ups of textile fibres to me but that's probably because I was used to looking at things like that for work

I like the concept and I have tried similar myself, the first few are too abstract for me, #6 seems to capture the sense of "river" most and in fact I think it's rather good.

I like the last 3 , No 7 in particular ,the first ones look a bit like close ups of textile fibres to me but that's probably because I was used to looking at things like that for work

cheers, I’ve no shame in admitting I’ve seen all sorts of things in these while I’ve been considering the processing haha

I like the concept and I have tried similar myself, the first few are too abstract for me, #6 seems to capture the sense of "river" most and in fact I think it's rather good.
thank you, conversely, I feel more drawn to the more abstract ones, and 7 in my eye is the weakest of this selection. Really good to hear a contrasting though process though. Much appreciated!
3, 4 and 5 are my faves - nicely done.

thank you very much, it was definitely enjoyable spending so much time by the river exploring creating these

Those really want printing and hanging as a set, on one of the hyper glossy synthetic papers. They are sehr wandfreundlich, which isn't actually a word but should be :)

Yes! I really like these. I bet they'd look even better blown up

Yup, I really like the idea of a "portrait" of a river and I've walked upper Swaledale a few times. Beautiful. My take would be little less abstract too but some good images that certainly capture the essence of the river as an entity.

Yes! I really like these. I bet they'd look even better blown up

Thank you, I'd definitely like to print some of these in the future, but finding three that may 'sing' together on a wall may be my toughest choice

Yup, I really like the idea of a "portrait" of a river and I've walked upper Swaledale a few times. Beautiful. My take would be little less abstract too but some good images that certainly capture the essence of the river as an entity.

Thank you, yes, I deliberately went for a take pushing hard on the abstract side, I guess it plays to my captivation when observing these smaller details, in that shapes, textures and stories get told in the smaller details of the river, that would be unnoticed when viewing the river as a whole, so really I guess the fascination of discovering these led to me focussing less on leading the viewer to realise that the subject is a river, but more to observe the small stories that occur within, and showcase the textural components that make up what we recognise as a river. The Swale is great though, a diverse and engaging river, and one I have spent a lot of time with. Thanks for your comment

Back