Portraits

Name
Sebastian
Edit My Images
Yes
My first contribution to People and Portraits group :)

2802673702_13dfab6fea.jpg

3261321491_08e8a9e14b.jpg

2960347477_2dfac376d1.jpg

Last edited:
The last one is excellent! Perfect DOF and lighting. Comp is spot on and you've captured an excellent facial expression. Love it...

The first just doesn't sit right with me for some reason. It may be that she appears to have quite a round face and the angle of the shot accentuates that outside the borders of comfort viewing (does that make sense?)...

The second is a nice shot but I'm not liking the blue cast. If that was intentional to cool the image down, I reckon it may be just a tad overdone.

Hi

I really like your use of colour and depth of field. My favourite is number 2:)

Anna

My favourite is #2, I like the composition and the eye contact. I have totally no idea mind! lol

Nice work.

Yep, I'd go with number 2 as the best, there's a real connection with the subject and I like the composition. Number three could have done with a bit of light bounced back into his face, just to get some catchlightsgoing in the eyes. Also, there's a distracting lump of wall sticking out to the right hand side. Finally there's something about number 1 which draws me in, but as a portrait it's not the most flattering look for the subject.

Hello

Thank you for all your comments. I find them constructive...and that's what I need at the moment. I spent few month on different forums filled with self adoration circles - with very little valuable comments posted.

Nice work Seb, I think #2 for me, I like the crop and the connection.

I like all three.

Number One maybe improved by cropping the girls leg out as the blue jeans are a little distracting and a tiny part on the right. I think if that was done the image would be stronger. I like the colours and contrast in the green to her top.

I love no.2. And I completely agree with NorthernNikon about feeling the connection.

I like them all, but number 2 and 3 are my favourite.

Maybe no.3 could do with a bit more light on the right side of his face (left side if your in the boys shoes)

Nice work!

i like them all, but 2 is definitely my favourite... and i actually quite like the blueish cast as well, it adds mood for me :)

Just shows how subjective photography is.
No 1 caught my eye straight away - great picture (y)
No 3 grates a bit because I think it needs more DoF to bring his hand in - great expression.
No 2 - just a little cool but still a good picture - she is being cool but underneath I pick up she is actually having fun.

Back