Potential Canvas material? Poppy

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes

I feel that I may have to do a bit more tweaking of background as it does show a bit of a halo, and it's a shame that the nose ended up outside the DOF. But my main concern is how the colours are - my monitor is poorly calibrated, however even with a perfectly calibrated monitor I just don't "see" colour like other people do.

So I'd be grateful of any PP suggestions, I know it's not technically perfect, but the manipulation of this particular model is difficult and I haven't managed to get her to sit like that again, so I'll probably go for one of the Snapmad Canvases for £19.99.

I think the halo enhances the shot some and might event work to make it more obvious...

The shot is well exposed, composed, and sharp otherwise. Cute pup!

Nice cute shot, I would recommend if you are going for a canvas you put a bit more space around her, you do lose a fair bit with the stretching to the back and it wouldn't look great with an ear clipped. Colours look ok to me.

Nice cute shot, I would recommend if you are going for a canvas you put a bit more space around her, you do lose a fair bit with the stretching to the back and it wouldn't look great with an ear clipped. Colours look ok to me.

I agree totally. It is cropped a little tight and you would lose a bit more on canvas.
Still cute dog and well lit. (y)

Thanks all,

The crop on the left side was how I composed the shot in camera, so I've made an attempt at putting some natural looking space to her left hand side:

Well done for getting such a small dog in the same level as you, I fact this maybe the first time I've seen a spaneil towering over me! :D

The second edit is much better where you have got rid of most the redish halo, and the colours are warmer and less harsh.

THere is a lot going on in the dogs eye in terms of cathlights and the relection of the room. I'm sure I can see a mini protrait of your good self!

Hope that helps

Stuart

THere is a lot going on in the dogs eye in terms of cathlights and the relection of the room. I'm sure I can see a mini protrait of your good self!

surrounded by empty cans of Stella (y)

very nice shot James... well worthy of a canvas.

Last edited:
The edit is looking good for sizes, although on the canvas you will probably lose her tail. The chest is looking a lot better as well compared to the original posted shot.

The canvas came yesterday, and I was pretty happy with it. Just need to get a few more photos worthy of Canvases now.

Back