Critique Practice pic of the kids - Pic added

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Last weekend the kids were playing nicely so I decided to get some practice shots in of them playing. But we ended up getting some nice poses too, which made a nice change lol. Here is the first edit, I will add some more in a day or two.

EDIT JPG _MG_4602 copy
by Raptor Mike, on Flickr
Taken on my 60D with a Tamron 17-50mm at f5. I used a Canon 430EXII that was sat on a little table that was about 2 feet off the top right corner. I had it firing at the ceiling with a diffuser cap on.
C&C greatly appreciated.
Thanks for looking, Mike

thats brilliant...to balance a bit for the eye to stay stationary vertically
try slowly moving the top border down
cheers
geof

Here is the first edit, I will add some more in a day or two.
So I've been through the set again and the ones that look any good compositionly (is that a word:confused: ) are off on the focal point with the exception of the one below. But hay, that's why it was a practice session. Im not sure about the skin tones in this though. I have adjusted them very slightly with the Adjust Colour For Skin Tone tool. What do you think?

Isabelle, one of my 3 year old twins

EDIT JPG _MG_4570
by Raptor Mike, on Flickr

Thanks again, Mike

your edit is where i would have gotten to
in the second
good expression and lighting but i find the window in the background a bit distracting
wdyt?

Thanks for the helpful feedback. What do you mean by wdyt?
trying to be smart again..sorry
what do you think...my daughter says this to me all the time..
cheers
geof

Ah right lol. I was concerned about it being accceptable but also think its not overly distracting because of the net curtain being out of focus rather than a big white space.

Ah right lol. I was concerned about it being accceptable but also think its not overly distracting because of the net curtain being out of focus rather than a big white space.

point taken..i am too fussy sometimes...and then i find i do it myself..:D
cheers
geof

What I meant was I'm glad you pointed out about the window and that I dont think youre being fussy because it's better to get it right.... or something like that:LOL:(y)

yes i agree...i spend so much time trying to get it right mostly but it can be a pain..as you think you have left something undone and it will get a tonne of crit on the first post
:runaway:

Back