Pre and Post Processed Pictures

Pretty horrible.....

2iqe8fs.jpg

....but looks very nice framed like this....

i6d0s1.jpg

Grey.squirel, love the B&W.
And a very cute photo subject to. Yours?

He is yes; 7 months old now so he's getting pretty big lol. He's started taking over the whole couch and pushing us off if we leave a little gap lol.

Loving the detail in the rapeseed DekHog, my pics always come out a blob of yellow lol.

Tyredout, The train pic, *mwa* another work of art.
a seeming plian pic made into a lovely photo with colour and atmosphere.
Just another simple effect that can be done in PS , i've still got ssooooo much to learn with it though.

Tyredout, That pic of the bridge i love. Love the colours and everything.

I quite lke the blue effect not to everyones tast though , but it has a certain something.

Cheers

Steve

my little contribution

dsc0003hg.jpg

someone said it'd look good without the stray bin ... and someone else asked me to ad someone on a mountain bike

dsc0003hg1.jpg

Lol, took me a few looks thinking 'they're the same picture' but just noticed the bike.
I really should pay more attention.

I know that this is in the landscape section and my offering isn't a landscape . . . but it seems like nobody really minds in this thread anyway :D

This was taken for week 2 of my 52 this year for the theme poem / poetry.
The original was shot specifically with the PP for the final shot in mind.

Original

Processed

02 Poetry by SarahLee1001, on Flickr​

Some of these are amazing. Are there photography snobs who don't agree with post production and think a good photo is good when it's raw or do most photographers do this?

Not snobs about getting it right in camera - that's just common sense. Editing is a matter of taste. I like mine minimal and natural looking. Others love HDR and mono etc.

Interesting thread. not sure its in the right place but I'll leave it here now. Half the edits above look better than the originals to me and half look worse. All of them are right though as they are how the person that took them wants them to look.

Just goes to show, don't judge the image right away, you never know what lurks beneath a shabby exterior.

Fantastic edits.

Right , heres another then...

Straight out of the camera, barring a resize down to fit forum limits.

And after a little work - bit of cloning, perspective tweaked a little, straightened and cropped, and a wee bit of pseudo-hdr (3 exposures from one original) to try and get a little back in the windows.

This isn't so much a before-and-after landscape...but maybe it will be somewhat instructive. Below are three photos. The first two were used to manufacture the third via Photoshop Elements. (I know from when I first posted the final picture that this "style" isn't for everyone. :LOL:

Photo 1: A turkey vulture. Taken with a Nikon 80-400 mm lens at 400mm, f 6.3, ISO 400, 1/1000 sec.

Vulture_Web.jpg

Photo 2: Sky and clouds. Taken with a Nikon 10.5mm fisheye lens at 10.5mm, f9, ISO 200, 1/500 sec. (I frequently take pictures of the sky in a variety of settings that I can later use for other photos.)

FisheyeSky_Web.jpg

Photo 3: Dizzy Bird. Combination of photos 1 and 2, using Photoshop Elements. My goal was to show the bird "hemmed in" by humanity, with nowhere to go. That's why I left the power lines running across the sky instead of cloning them out.

DizzyBird.jpg

Here's another set...

The first photo is of a train rounding a curve on the tracks. The tracks are banked, so the train appears a bit tilted, and I shot this in RAW, so the colors are rather bland. I liked the basic shot, however, because of the obvious heat distortion caused by the diesel exhaust. The perspective, however, didn't convey the sheer mass of a locomotive.

The second photo is a tight crop of the original (or a later shot in the same burst) with some color saturation and contrast enhancements. I also leveled the train a bit. The intent was to better demonstrate the mass and overwhelming size of the locomotive.

Train_Web.jpg

TrainEngine3.jpg

A snowy shot I took which I thought looked boring until I had a go at editing it. :)

Before
winterslakebefore.jpg

After
winterslakeafter.jpg

I'm not generally a fan of post processing and prefer viewing original shots with the original colours, but I can see that a lot of people like a fair bit of tweaking.

This a photo from the 2009 Brick and Steel borders rally.
The first photo has been cropped.

5310327418_5bc081ac11_o.jpg

The second picture has had the levels and curves adjusted.

5312247230_e78b26546b_o.jpg

The third one has been through color-fx pro(the velvia setting) and then through sharpener pro.

5309688151_2612888ed9_o.jpg

Brilliant thread this, love it. Unfortunately I can't find the original picture right now but here is the finished piece. It was a self portrait piece I did for a 'dark art' comp on Deviant art a few years back.

BLOODLUST by Jimbob1960, on Flickr

My apologies, just realised it's a landscape thread sorry this is not a landscape scene!

Last edited:
Im still learning Photoshop but ill chip in my latest attempt.

Original photo taken on a really gloomy, misty New Years Even morning:

DSC_0179.jpg

And here is my post processed version, levels altered and converted to a B&W image:

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday !!!

good!

winston churchill noted...all my life i worried about things which never happened

Back