Pre-Wedding Photoshoot

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Probably had the best pre-wedding shoot I've done earlier in the week. I have been offering potential wedding clients a free portrait session, partly to expand my portfolio as quickly as possible and to give them the opportunity to judge my work and see if they like me taking their pictures.

Thought I would post some of the photos from my session with Angela and Chris for comments and critique. I have posted most of my others shoots I have done and have received some really good comments, which I think is definitely helping me to improve, so please any comments, however harsh are most welcome.

Angela_Chris-6429.jpg

Angela_Chris-6400.jpg

Angela_Chris-6404.jpg

4 - Does this work?????

Angela_Chris-6361.jpg

Angela_Chris-6321.jpg

Angela_Chris-6324.jpg

Angela_Chris-6333.jpg

Angela_Chris-6257.jpg

Angela_Chris-6289.jpg

Angela_Chris-6237.jpg

Thanks for looking

Nice set of shots. The couple look very natural and seems like they enjoyed the shoot.

On my monitor here at work. The darkening around the corners looks a bit overdone on a few.

Not sure about the positioning of the hands in the last one

Nice set of shots. The couple look very natural and seems like they enjoyed the shoot.

On my monitor here at work. The darkening around the corners looks a bit overdone on a few.

That is exactly what I was going to say.

Thanks for your comments - I can understand that it is personal choice on the vignetting, I seem to find myself being a vignette fiend during my processing recently!!!!

That is exactly what I was going to say.

Thanks

as a vignetting whore, i also think they look pretty good the way they are.

nice natural pictures and they are obviously comfortable together and with you taking the pictures.

as mentioned, the woman's hands in the last picture look a bit, well, in the wrong place for her parentals to see... :naughty:

Good set and I like the vignetting too, although toning it down a little might help.

I like #4 but maybe shift the left edge inwards to cut out some of the back of his head?

#1, 3, 7 and 10 have large distances between their faces. Given these are a couple about to be married, closer contact might be desirable as you have in #5 (which is my fave).

A good set of shots and I like the vignettes but the mono processing in #3 is a bit off, it looks very dark and doesn't sit well with the rest of the set.

Does #4 work? Most definitely! :clap:

as mentioned, the woman's hands in the last picture look a bit, well, in the wrong place for her parentals to see... :naughty:

And his hands fondling her jugglies, but apart from that shot, the set is very nice. (y)

Good set, I actually think the vignetting suits the shots very well. (y)

Thanks - I sometimes have to rein myself in with them at times

as a vignetting whore, i also think they look pretty good the way they are.

nice natural pictures and they are obviously comfortable together and with you taking the pictures.

Thanks for your comments - I had picked up on his hands, but not hers!!! :eek:

Good set and I like the vignetting too, although toning it down a little might help.

I like #4 but maybe shift the left edge inwards to cut out some of the back of his head?

#1, 3, 7 and 10 have large distances between their faces. Given these are a couple about to be married, closer contact might be desirable as you have in #5 (which is my fave).

Thanks and a very valid point - I find it is difficult to get couples to completely relax, especially when this was the first time I had met them! In fairness to them, they were great to work with and relaxed during the shoot

A good set of shots and I like the vignettes but the mono processing in #3 is a bit off, it looks very dark and doesn't sit well with the rest of the set.

Does #4 work? Most definitely! :clap:

Thanks Hacker, I keep setting myself little things to try each time I do a shoot - walk before you can run so to speak! - Number 4 was an idea I had after seeing another wedding photo.

And his hands fondling her jugglies, but apart from that shot, the set is very nice. (y)

Thanks - A man after my own heart :nuts: (with my own wife of course) :LOL:

I read the following tip for getting couples closer - ask them to get close and take the shot. Then show them the back of the camera and emphasise the daylight visible between them. Then they will see just how much closer they could get. I've never tried it but worth a try.

I read the following tip for getting couples closer - ask them to get close and take the shot. Then show them the back of the camera and emphasise the daylight visible between them. Then they will see just how much closer they could get. I've never tried it but worth a try.

Thanks - That could be worth a try

Great set, I really like number 4 :)

Thanks for your comments

Aw, number nine is lovely! They both look really comfortable and natural! I'd have this blown up and use it as their guest book with a mount if I were them... maybe something you should suggest!

yeap a framed shot for their guests to sign is a really nice touch, we had it at our wedding and it went down a treat.

All great apart from #3 ... and the conversions don't work for me - too muddy - but it is a taste thing so feel free to ignore me

Love #4

Aw, number nine is lovely! They both look really comfortable and natural! I'd have this blown up and use it as their guest book with a mount if I were them... maybe something you should suggest!

That is exactly what I suggest to all couples - My wife and I did it for our wedding, we had 5 shots in one mount with guests messages all around the photos. It's in our hall for all visitors to see!!!!

yeap a framed shot for their guests to sign is a really nice touch, we had it at our wedding and it went down a treat.

Thanks

I love number 4. Sort of says "He's taken! Look!" if that makes sense?

Yes - thanks

All great apart from #3 ... and the conversions don't work for me - too muddy - but it is a taste thing so feel free to ignore me

Love #4

Thanks for your comments - I suppose I am still trying to develop "My Style" with the processing - and I do like them!!!!! Having said that, I have seen work from yourself and others on here with no vignette and I think they are stunning and very natural images :clap:

Back