Precious

STARRIDER

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Was at my daughters stables last week where they were holding a "Training Bootcamp"..I was there shooting a few horses and riders when i bumped into a friend holding her Grandson.This was just a random shot of him but after seeing it on my monitor i had to do something with it..so here he is after a "Good Rinsing" through Lightroom and Photoshop..
Hope you like
View attachment 16807

Was at my daughters stables last week where they were holding a "Training Bootcamp"..I was there shooting a few horses and riders when i bumped into a friend holding her Grandson.This was just a random shot of him but after seeing it on my monitor i had to do something with it..so here he is after a "Good Rinsing" through Lightroom and Photoshop..
Hope you like
View attachment 16807

I dont like to crit other's photos on kids because it can get somewhat personal, especially if the child is known/a relative but I'm going to do it anyway because I think you might appreciate the feedback. (y)

I think it would look a <lot> better if not so much processing was done on his little face (cute kid btw), he looks like a doll/cgi because the skin has been smoothed that much.

Just a natural photograph would look loads better I think (personally) dave, unless of course he has lots of wrinkles and looks like a 40 year old ;) hope thats not offending but its just what I am seeing. Maybe a vertical crop to remove the lady out of frame altogether would also help separate him from the distraction of her being in the image. Thanks for sharing though, others may have a moan about the hair - but I won't because its a kid - their hair is supposed to be a little messy, wouldn't be a kid otherwise :)

I dont like to crit other's photos on kids because it can get somewhat personal, especially if the child is known/a relative but I'm going to do it anyway because I think you might appreciate the feedback. (y)

I think it would look a <lot> better if not so much processing was done on his little face (cute kid btw), he looks like a doll/cgi because the skin has been smoothed that much.

Just a natural photograph would look loads better I think (personally) dave, unless of course he has lots of wrinkles and looks like a 40 year old ;) hope thats not offending but its just what I am seeing. Maybe a vertical crop to remove the lady out of frame altogether would also help separate him from the distraction of her being in the image. Thanks for sharing though, others may have a moan about the hair - but I won't because its a kid - their hair is supposed to be a little messy, wouldn't be a kid otherwise :)
No offence Carl,glad you took the time to look and comment..i left proud Granny in the shadows on purpose,as i said i was there just to shoot horses etc. and just grabbed this shot as i passed by because as you said he is cute and of course i did give it a thorough rinsing effect so was'nt really looking for a standard sort of shot..thanks again ;)

I do agree with Carl here, there's no doubt a lot of good work went into getting it as it is but my very first thought when scrolling down was ... 'that's just not real'!

No offence Carl,glad you took the time to look and comment..i left proud Granny in the shadows on purpose,as i said i was there just to shoot horses etc. and just grabbed this shot as i passed by because as you said he is cute and of course i did give it a thorough rinsing effect so was'nt really looking for a standard sort of shot..thanks again ;)
I had the same issue when I started posting photos of my little girl, I smoothed out the skin and it didn't look real. Only when someone else pointed it out to me and I took a good hard long look did I realise its a mistake to make any adjustments to kid's faces as they have perfect skin already :)

Am glad it didn't offend :)

Back