Printer?

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
So far I have used on-line printing labs, but am now considering a printer. Probably just for B&W

Any recommendations or suggestions as to what to look for?

The B9180 (HP) or Canon Pixma Pro 9500 are the kings of A3+, and both have dedicated black (matte and glossy) and gray inks for B&W. The Epson counterpart requires an ink change depending on media I think, unless the latest versions have fixed that annoyance. Take a look at the reviews on photo-i (google it).

I've a Canon iP4500 and very pleased with the results - A4 printing though, seem to remember from a review I read the Canon 9500 came out very well for A3 (y)

I have an MP210 which is rubbish for photo printing as i get 5mm horizontal lines accross the image as if the lines were slightly lighter.

I also have for the photo's a 2nd hand IP 6700D which is good but not used it since Jan and it's not printing correctly :(

Think it's time to replace the 6700 but don't want another canon as they are in my experience rubbish build quality. I had 2 canon printers before what i have now and they were pretty bad too.

Back