Printing Question

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I have ordered a print from a popular printers using their online uploading service and the prints have been posted today but they are not the size I was expecting.

Heres what I did:

I resized the image in photoshop to 12" x 8", I then added a white border to increase the overall file size to 15" x 10".

When ordering I selected their "Fit in" option which is decribed as "the full image will be printed, but there may be white borders on the print"

My logic at the time was that as I had uploaded a file of 15" x 10" then there would be no white borders and that the file would be printed as I had sized it in photoshop.

What I am wondering is.......Was my assumption that by sending a file size of 15" x 10" and selecting "Fit in" I would recieve a print of 15" x 10" with a 12" x 8" image in the centre wrong?:thinking:

Thanks

so what did you get? :shrug:

sounds very odd

a) 'av a word with the supplier and demand a re-count
b) talk to LeeP a member here - he'll sort you out - good and proper!

may well depend on the resolution you sent, when your reasized what was the ppi (sometimes called dpi) ?

12x8 to 15x10, looks like the border ain't goin to be the same width all round. I'm presuming you'll have an extra inch at the bottom.

Can I ask why you didn't set the border in photoshop, save it and just send for print?

may well depend on the resolution you sent, when your reasized what was the ppi (sometimes called dpi) ?

:bang::bang::bang:

Well Im now glad that I didnt come online and start bumping my gums about a certain company being bo**ocks!

Just opened the file to check the resolution, but for some reason I didnt resize to 15" x 10", I was convinced I did.......im a damn tit!!!

Next time Ill slow down and double, triple and quadriple check!

Thanks for the help though :confused:

Back