Private Fishing

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all!
I took this a few months ago whilst out walking near to where I live.
Any criticisms welcome please, both good and bad!
Any tips for improving welcome as well.
Dan

image by dan.briggs93, on Flickr

Good idea, but I think the background is distracting. Not sure which focal length/aperture was used?
I would try a viewpoint/settings where you can get the background more out of focus, then the stump and sign would really stand out.

Ok thanks :)
I can't remember to be honest, it was ages ago!
I have a new lens with a lower f stop now so I might try it again soon and lose the background some more.
I'm still learning here so any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated !
Thanks,
Dan

Not fishing for compliments by any chance??? you might just catch a member out hook line and sinker. That would r.eel.ly upset them and you may be "skate. ing" on thin ice. Still no doubt your a "DAB" had at most things except dancing the CONGA as you would be having a WHALE of a time anyway. :rolleyes: I think I will stay with my SOLE mate and not suffer after leading her on a RED HERRING chase. Does a fish that swims fast have TURBOT power by any chance? I HAKE to reel out that old gag

Last edited:
If you know you confused you are sane , its when you don't know is the time to worry.

Last edited:
Ok thanks :)
I can't remember to be honest, it was ages ago!
I have a new lens with a lower f stop now so I might try it again soon and lose the background some more.
I'm still learning here so any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated !
Thanks,
Dan
Which lenses do you have? If you have a longer focal length, you can stand further back and zoom into the stump, and the background will be out of focus, or use a shorter focal length and a large aperture to throw the background out of focus.

I have 18-55 Nikon kit lens, Nikon 50mm and sigma 70-300mm. If I remember correctly this was taken on the sigma

Back