Prom Party Experiment

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Having got all the shots I needed I thought I would have a little play. I put my camera into aperture mode with flash on ettl and a little random camera movement and these were the results. Some people have really liked them, more so converted to B&W. I guess it could be a bit like marmite, love it or hate it!

7488145108_2bc82eb639_z.jpg
[/url]
Prom Time by mr.stokey, on Flickr[/IMG]

7487098598_8a5b88c904_z.jpg
[/url]
The Prom by mr.stokey, on Flickr[/IMG]

7487041874_40ba40aa9b_z.jpg
[/url]
School Prom by mr.stokey, on Flickr[/IMG]

Yeah . . , different, second one looks like an X10 in "Orb" mode :)

Sorry but with all the colour of a prom why B+W? not sure i like them will await to see the colour one if they are put up.

Not trying to reinvent the wheel here, we've all seen a lot of bright colourful prom pics, just put a different spin on to see how it's received (so far, badly!) I was about to bin the colour versions and thought I would give the B&W a spin. I quite liked the mono look in these but fully understand your view and appreciate you taking the time to comment, my wife always says to me some of the stuff I want to try is weird. I should write a book, could be a best seller!

I honestly think colour versions of these would induce seizures lol
Whereas black and white your just getting tone which is perceived as form and not light. I love the first one but cannot help that a tripod may help to fix in place what isn't moving? Different take on the norm though

Back