Que Tayra Tayra!

new2me

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes

Last edited:

Last edited:
Looks like a Guinea pig to me too, Neil :D

It appears that Hammerton have added a few more to their collection, since I was there
a few years ago.
It maybe worth a return visit at some point :)

It maybe worth a return visit at some point :)
I'd hold off for a bit yet, if you've no other reason to be up that way. Their male lynx seems to be a bit more withdrawn since first arriving and is still awaiting completion of his new pad and introduction to a lady ;) The only accessible cheetah enclosure is overgrown and it's occupant(s) have barely been visible for weeks.
There seems to be something new being started each time i've visited, but little completed, apart from some additions to the play area.

Cheers Neil I'll do that, in that case :)

Isn't cavy another name for guinea pig Neil ?
Never seen one of those or the Tayra, which looks like a cross between a pine marten and a wolverine o_O
The second picture is one of the reason I decided not to go there last time I was up that way, I have a total
dislike for white tigers.
Looks a bit over exposed to me

Isn't cavy another name for guinea pig Neil ?
I hadn't heard of the name Cavy to be honest, but the blurb did say it was related to the guinea pig ... or it might have said it was a guinea pig :D
Never seen one of those or the Tayra, which looks like a cross between a pine marten and a wolverine o_O
I think it is from the same family as the pine martin.
The second picture is one of the reason I decided not to go there last time I was up that way, I have a total dislike for white tigers.
Looks a bit over exposed to me
They have 3 white tigers now. I was quite ignorant about the white tiger issue until recently and appreciate what you're saying.
The pic was only for giving an idea of the enclosure really; i.e. not great for backgrounds

I hadn't heard of the name Cavy to be honest,
actually, Cavies are a family of South American rodents,
Inc. (the source of) Domestic Guinea pigs, Wild Guinea pigs, (ie commonly called cavies )Mara, Capybara.
:)

Love the image of the Tayra. I use to keep a pair of them when I was a young zoo keeper during the late 70s, at Kilverstone Wild-Life Park.
Another place I hadn't heard about. Just reading a little about the place and seems you had a few species that are no longer in the UK.
Cheers Paul (y)

Back