Quick snap from a beginner

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all, had my dslr for just over a week now, never owned one before so just learning all the settings and modes, massive learning curve! Anyway spotted this when out for a walk on the canal , hope you like it! Any crit welcome, you can't get better without guidance!

Boathouse by RichG82, on Flickr

There's nothing technically wrong with it in terms of the exposure and focus, that I can see. The B&W conversion is a bit flat - was it a straight "in camera" conversion to B&W? There's a bit too much of the water in the foreground, I'd say. It's a lot of dead space that doesn't (to me) add anything to the picture. Also, why did you take the picture? What did you want to show? There's nothing about the picture that immediately grabs me. And why did you want to make it black and white? Obviously I've not seen the colour image but, considering the subject, I can't imagine that the black and white conversion has added anything of value for the viewer.

It was just a quick filter in Lightroom, took the picture and converted it to remember the old days , I couldn't get closer as I took with a 50mm prime which was a shame, I do need to start picking a main focus in my pictures.

Back