QUICKLY!!! I NEED AN ANSWER PLEASE!!!

both are limited, id say you have outgrown them matt, but if you have no choice, either is adequate.

I'd get the sigma. But only cos I get 5% off at comet.

No, seriously, I'd get the Sigma - and 5%

Well I went for the Sigma only to find that they didnt sell them at my local store :(

Thankfully the Tamron was in stock so that is what I got.

Thanks for all the replys :)

As for the orignal lens, the autofocus COMPLETLY packed up. Just would not focus on anything :(

you got a tammy then.............we should start t see some sharp ones now......:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Or did you forget to mention that you drove over the orginal lens on the recent track day?!

Well I went for the Sigma only to find that they didnt sell them at my local store :(

You were lucky, that's not the APO version there, the plain DG isn't a patch on the APO.

I'm considering getting a Tamron telephoto over a sigma for my a200 so I'd quite like to hear what you think of the lens after you've got familiar with it.

Cheers, Steven.

Thankfully the Tamron was in stock so that is what I got.

Thanks for all the replys :)

As for the orignal lens, the autofocus COMPLETLY packed up. Just would not focus on anything :(

Have you tried sending it back and 'claiming' it was under guarantee?

i had the APO for a while and it was a good lens, but not even close to being as good as the 70-200 i have now, if you are serious about your togging i really would recommend saving for that better lens.

i had the APO for a while and it was a good lens, but not even close to being as good as the 70-200 i have now, if you are serious about your togging i really would recommend saving for that better lens.

Well after I have saved up for my MOT, Tax and insurance I will then set about getting 100-400 L :love:

impressive f stop range on the tamron if you look at the specs :LOL:

So I am guessing no more clicky whirry grindy noises followed by a clunk of it being hit then?

Back