Quicky from yesterday

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't had a chance to go through them all yet but quite liked this one, light was horrible. I should probably up the contrast and saturation but this is it straight from the cam.

8W0A3333.jpg

Like it! Shouldnt he be sorting the bike for the landing??

He's still on the way up, and despite what it looks like he wasn't actually looking at the camera, he was watching for this guy :)

8W0A3337.jpg

a few more

8W0A3269.jpg

8W0A3043.jpg

8W0A2145.jpg

8W0A2740.jpg

8W0A3224.jpg

Nice B and W convertions there. Love the goggles shot. Third is very good with the determination on the guys face. Really nice set, as per usual!!

Thanks Matt. The third one is a young lad who had a bad off about a month ago. He's lost a lot of confidence and I'm not sure if he'll stick it to be honest.

Was one of those days yesterday, can't really say I'm that happy with anything I got, just a lot of record shots really.

Thanks Matt. The third one is a young lad who had a bad off about a month ago. He's lost a lot of confidence and I'm not sure if he'll stick it to be honest.

Was one of those days yesterday, can't really say I'm that happy with anything I got, just a lot of record shots really.

:eek: It amazes me how you pro togs say your 'not that happy' with shots like that!!

Nice set Dod .. #1 is a corker (y)..Rhynie was it?

Nice set Dod .. #1 is a corker (y)..Rhynie was it?
Ta mate, aye, Rhynie :) You couldn't see bottom of the track for the fog in the morning. Only really started to clear at the start of the third block. Track was like glue, even the roost was coming off in big blobs ;)

Matt, I'm no pro, I just take a lot :LOL: Don't know if your the same but I can always tell as soon as I press the shutter when I've got something different. Didn't happen yesterday for some reason :)

:eek: It amazes me how you pro togs say your 'not that happy' with shots like that!!

Continual improvement is something we should all strive for Matt regardless of ability or experience. I am super critical of my own work and delete shots for the slightest glitch. I'm not a PS post-processing man so if it aint right out of the camera it gets ditched and I strive to get it right next time.

I appreciate what Dod's saying. As you get better at something you get more picky about the results you gain (which generally are improving all the time).

it gets to the stage where you delete shots cos the grass in the background was blowing the wrong way, despite the fact you got the rider in the foregound completely sideways, pin-sharp, eyes glaring through the visor with smoke coming off his distored rear tyre and the Dunlop logo on his nosecone so clear it's shouting you in the face...... :LOL:

Guy

Last edited:
thanks for the comments folks :)

Guy, I do the same now. Images get deleted because it's too small in the frame, the guy's blinked when I took the shot, loads of reasons.

Toothie, mine too, I took a standard shot of the bike propped up and then moved to get some jump shots. I looked back and noticed that at a certain angle I could get the goggles and a bit of the track in the background. Pure fluke but it works to a degree :)

Back