Rain Affected Wedding

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
So I realise I'm not up to date on posts here.

This one proved challenging in that it was an excellent venue in dry weather - but seemed to take on a whole new look in rain ....

Rain none stop all day and the ceremony wasn't till 4p.m. The venue although probably excellent in good weather - turned itself into a dark mass of small rooms just to spite me.

A few from the day and a slideshow at the end

KS-1020.jpg

KS-1042.jpg

KS-1044.jpg

KS-1080.jpg

KS-1088.jpg

KS-1097.jpg

KS-1112.jpg

KS-1144.jpg

KS-1190.jpg

KS-1195.jpg

amazing shots :D
number 2 and specially 11 are just amazing :D:D

amazing shots :D
number 2 and specially 11 are just amazing :D:D

Thanks - they were up for going out in the rain - so it helped ... and #2 was that great mother daughter moment even though the daughter wasn't the bride - I love it

soooooo sharp! great stuff. Some of the aspiring wedding togs here can learn an awful lot just from looking at your work.

Number 1 only spoilt slightly with the lamp just little to close to the mirror but great capture the grooms hand on mouth a shame.
Love the brolly shots real shame about the weather for all.
You did a cracking job despite the weather.

soooooo sharp! great stuff. Some of the aspiring wedding togs here can learn an awful lot just from looking at your work.

Thanks for the vote !!

Aint that true!
Superbly lit, great focus and comp under difficult conditions (y)

Appreciated

wow, how did you light number 4, its brilliant!

Lit using on camera SB900 bounced off the wall to camera right

Liking your work fella !

Number 1 only spoilt slightly with the lamp just little to close to the mirror but great capture the grooms hand on mouth a shame.
Love the brolly shots real shame about the weather for all.
You did a cracking job despite the weather.

Cheers James .... the groom was very conscious of his smile - I've some with and without - but this just seemed more natural

Lovely work, number 10 is different! :)

Thanks ... just wish I'd spotted the brolly spoke position ... lesson learned

I think that the umbrella really adds to the images in the last few. You were lucky they were up for it!!

The shot of the groom is really really well lit.

Another great set, #4, 10 and 11 are particular faves (y)

I think that the umbrella really adds to the images in the last few. You were lucky they were up for it!!

The shot of the groom is really really well lit.

Thanks - They are favourites of mine

Another great set, #4, 10 and 11 are particular faves (y)

Appreciated

Stunning photography. Wish I could afford you for my wedding next year :clap:

You never know .... drop me an email (y)

Really like number 11, shame the groom doesn't appear very comfortable on camera!

He was better than the engagement shoot which tells you a lot ....

Lovely wedding set. The kind of photos I enjoy taking, but you seem to be better at it. :)

LOL - thanks for that

love 10 and 11 ... just shows you can still get some great shots outside what ever the weather ..

nice set throughout (y)

Excellent photos once again, the lighting on these is just fantastic number 4 really is great that suit just pops out

#5 is such a stunningly beautiful photograph, I think the Bride should have got married in the curlers.:)
As usual a real pleasure to spend the time to view.

What a fabulous set and some very good looking people to photograph too. Loving the see through umbrella shot - great idea

A stunning set, technically, composition wise and the people in the pictures(y)

this is a great set!

number 4 looks really good.

and the darkness of the rooms seems to have provided a nice effect with the backgrounds :)

That's one way of looking at it I suppose LOL

surprised you were allowed to take so many shots out of makeup!
very nice set..

Thanks - makeup and prep are where they get put at ease for the rest of the day

Lovely set simon, thanks for sharing them with us (y)

Some great, original shots there.
I keep going back to 12 though, fantastic capture, I just want to know what she was thinking.

Some great, original shots there.
I keep going back to 12 though, fantastic capture, I just want to know what she was thinking.

Thanks .... you are one of the few to notice - that is what I like about it

I especially like the colour ones with the umbrella. The expressions are very natural.

Fantastic set. Being able to make fantastic shots out of any circumstances is the sign of a true professional!

What a shame to rain on your wedding day though :(

Still, I'm sure they will love these.

I especially like the colour ones with the umbrella. The expressions are very natural.

She was a natural - and he warmed to it

:clap: yet another excellent set, so beautifully exposed despite the conditions and so cleanly sharp. It has to be asked, how do go about lighting stuff like this, is it all natural lighting or artificially assisted?

Just a bit of fill flash as required

Fantastic set. Being able to make fantastic shots out of any circumstances is the sign of a true professional!

What a shame to rain on your wedding day though :(

Still, I'm sure they will love these.

Thanks ..... we just have to work through the weather

Back