Rain Covers

Name
Shaun
Edit My Images
Yes
Are there any good makes out there that are easy to use for a DSLR and telephoto Lens

I've had a Storm Jacket for nearly 10 years, has been through one hell of a lot but still looks brand new (and more importantly, works perfectly), fairly hefty outlay but I subscribe to the 'buy once, buy for life' philosophy!

http://www.vortexmedia.com/SJ1.html

WEX sell them in the UK.

Last edited:
Cheers guys, the Lenscoat look good but £££, I like the look of the Storm Jacket & I found this on Flea bay

$T2eC16FHJIYFHNS36M5DBSCoJVEWL!~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camera-ra...081?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c363a2f09

Just picked up a lens coat rain cover at bird fair this weekend. Having tried WWS and thinktank covers I'm thinking it a good compromise of the two. WWS cover is quick and easy to fit, open at the back so easy access to camera but no easy access to a zoom ring. The thinktank provides great all round protection (clear plastic view panel at the back and has two arm access sleeves but is more difficult to fit quickly and the sleeves are out whether you want them or not. The open back to the lens coat gives easy access to the camera when it's not raining, and there are two arm sleeves that can be stored away when not needed. If it rains I'm planning on pulling the drawstring back opening tight around the thinktank viewfinder to make it more waterproof. You can get a slip on neoprene camera cover too but I thought it would make the camera harder to operate.

I always keep an optech rain sleeve in the bag in case of emergencies but I always think if I'm planning on taking a thousand or two worth of camera lens lens out in the rain, snow etc then £50-80 is not a big percentage of what it's protecting. It all depends whether you are planning on going out with your camera in the rain or if it's going to be there just in case you get caught short.

Ended up ordering one of what I posted above for £11.99, we see how it goes

Waterproof Rain Cover with Matching Hood Cover (Drawstring Fastening) With silicone water seal at the Hood endIf your lens is different to the listing, please check with us before purchasing!Not suitable for the Canon 70-300L white lens (please ask about a different item)

Fits Canon Nikon Tamron Sigma 70-300 with any camera with or without a battery grip.With Silicone Water Seal for the Hood

Made from first quality 4oz waterproof nylon fabric that is shake dry when wet.
Open underneath for hand or tripod access.
Drawstring fitting at the camera end to give good hand access.

Fully insured non profit shipping. Any problems we guarantee to sort it out!

Please Note.....Default colour for this item is Green Camouflage but Black, Olive, Navy and White are available on request... Just ask!
Other sizes in stock
Custom manufacture available

I cut the arm off an old goretex jacket.

Fits 1D4 body and 400mm nicely.

Last edited:
Think Tank Hydrophobia .. I aint stickin a £1.99 cover on a 10 thousand pound camera and lens...

I've got a couple of the EBay covers - they seem to do the job (which is to allow me to not panic if there's a short burst of rain, or provide general protection in more persistent, but gentler rain), and take up almost no space in the bag. Good access to controls, zoom rings, etc.

Back