B&W Rainy Day Fun

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Bodged myself a DIY softbox from a banana box and a disposable dust sheet (pro spec!) earlier on so decided to have a go at a loose clamshell kind of lighting set up with 2 speedlights. Umbrella up top on a light stand and the 'soft banana box' down below on a tripod. (I did mention it was bodged didn't i?)

Lily - 2 Speedlights
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Lily - 2 Speedlights

#3 - This was with just the DIY softbox

Lily

#4 - Then a bit of hair swishing fun with the speedlight behind her on half power to blow everything out. She thought it was ace. Lol.

Lily

Lily

#6 - The missus not so... :D

Laura

C+C welcomed as always.

Cheers.
David.

I think you are doing really well at mastering the light. Still don't have a clue myself how to do It.... loL Excellent set mate

Really like #2/3

Bodge away! Excellent results, all of them (even no.6 lol) :). I'm torn between 1 and 2 as my favourites, 1 as it's a beautiful and simple image but 2 has so much connection, energy and fun. If i had to choose between them i'd say...both just because i can't choose.

Well i am glad for the rainy day, i always lo\/e seeing your girl, she is so cute and has that real cheeky look about it....

Not sure i can pick a fa\/ though, like them all... :love:

Well done! I have a set of Lencarta lights and you are doing so much better with your set up lol!
I just need practise but you have inspired me with this set.
Love that second shot :)

Yes - fantastic set - just sorry I can't say anything more constructive:)

Some amazing results David! Outstanding! You should show us your design, you know just for the record ;)

What is the material you put in front of that homemade diffuser muslin, linen?

No probs. :)

Banana box from the local supermarket, covered the holes with cardboard and painted the inside white then used gaffer tape to secure the 'diffuser' in place. Trace around the head of the flash, cut it out and push it onto the flash. Works ok, you have to support it in certain positions but it cost me a quid. For someone just messing around at home it works a treat.

Also got a home made beauty dish on the go atm made from a cardboard hanging basket liner. :LOL: Just need to fit the middle piece and it's a goer. :D

What a excellent set and a great idea with the banana box

Thanks Michael. Trying to talk the missus into buying a new tv so I can use the box to make an even bigger one... :whistle: :ROFLMAO:
Watching Blue Peter paid off but did you use double sided sticky tape...lol

Back