Random birds from Richmond Park - IDs

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
Weather wasn't great for my day off but I decided to make a go of it anyway! Was also trying my new 24mm STM lens but these birds were all with the 200-400mm

The Parakeets are easy enough to spot :D

Ring Necked Parakeet by Phal44, on Flickr

Ring Necked Parakeet by Phal44, on Flickr

Some kind of Woodpecker?

Woody by Phal44, on Flickr

Woody by Phal44, on Flickr

Not sure what this is? Looks like another kind of Woodpecker to me except it's on the ground :/

? by Phal44, on Flickr

? by Phal44, on Flickr

The closest I could find was an Egyptian Geese?

IMG_1352 by Phal44, on Flickr

Flappy by Phal44, on Flickr

Last edited:
The Woodpecker is a Green Woodpecker and they are Egyptian Geese (y) The Egyptian Geese just like the parakeets have taken up residence around the London area over the past years

Yeah I found out about those Parakeets after the last time I was in Richmond Park a year or two ago. In a way it's quite cool to see these bright green birds flying about here in the UK but they're a bit noisy! Was trying to get shots of them in flight but the light was poo :( I thought I might have gotten one getting chased by two others birds but I got this instead lol

Intruder by Phal44, on Flickr

The Woodpecker is a Green Woodpecker and they are Egyptian Geese (y) The Egyptian Geese just like the parakeets have taken up residence around the London area over the past years
I wondered where they had been taken, thought it was a bird reserve with the Parakeets:)

That's a kestrel being mobbed by crows.

One thing you need to be conscious of is that when you are shooting small things against a white/grey background the camera will underexpose, as can be seen in a few of these, a bit of +ve exposure come will sort that out.

That's a kestrel being mobbed by crows.

One thing you need to be conscious of is that when you are shooting small things against a white/grey background the camera will underexpose, as can be seen in a few of these, a bit of +ve exposure come will sort that out.

Yeah I normally stick +1 on exposure for stuff in the sky but I'd just been looking at a Deer and forgot to switch when I heard the noise above me lol. I walked within about 10 meters of a big deer before seeing it because I was too busy looking around. He didn't seem to fussed and was just having a lie down to much on something but it was surprising to see how close I got before I even saw him hehe

Back