Rape Field - Different View

Name
Lynda
Edit My Images
Yes
It may have already been done, but here's my take on a field of rape seed from tonight's walk.

Not much PP - a crop, brightness and contrast boost.

I'm guessing it's a bit of a marmite image :)

f8074cbc.jpg

I quite like that, i done something similar with a bluebell woods last year, maybe i would crop a touch off the bottom though, but thats just my opinion

I quite like that, i done something similar with a bluebell woods last year, maybe i would crop a touch off the bottom though, but thats just my opinion

Thanks. Thought about cropping it further but I like how the tree blends into the undergrowth.

That works rather well (y) it has a almost painting feel to it

Matt
MWHCVT

And thanks.
These trees seem to work very well with this technique. They're only 2 mins from my front door so I keep trying at different times of the year and in different lights. It's a man-made wood so they are in nice rows (not quite uniform)

I like it.. but I'd do the opposite, I'd crop from the sides down to about a 4:5 aspect ratio. Cropping so that the edges are on a tree trunk without a gap at either side.

I'd also be tempted to push the colours harder, heading towards the sort of style David Hockney has been doing recently with woodlands.

I keep coming back to look at this one.
It's just the kind of image I love.

Noooooo!! It's screwing with my eyes! Sorry not for me. :shake:

I like it.. but I'd do the opposite, I'd crop from the sides down to about a 4:5 aspect ratio. Cropping so that the edges are on a tree trunk without a gap at either side.

I'd also be tempted to push the colours harder, heading towards the sort of style David Hockney has been doing recently with woodlands.

Good call, but I wonder if the middle tree is too dominant now.
I'll go back and take the image again but try to get the path in more.

0e405722.jpg

I guess you could go on forever cropping until there's nothing left. :D

I keep coming back to look at this one.
It's just the kind of image I love.

Thanks

Noooooo!! It's screwing with my eyes! Sorry not for me. :shake:

That's ok, I knew some would hate it. That's what it's all about. ;)

Back