Raynox 250 ....making a start ....plus a couple more

Name
susie
Edit My Images
Yes
I used my Raynox 250 today ...I have a heck of a job holding it steady....but I find a tripod really awkward. I know these are nothing like as good as the ones on here ....but they're a start :)

15094278968_f8c88a1e1d_b.jpg

Insects never seem to want to face me!

15094188908_b4aa6f0b97_b.jpg

I wanted to focus on the head but this looks a bit odd.

15257783976_bd92d33d0d_b.jpg

Don't put yourself down... could you share the settings/equipment used on these maybe we can offer some better advice with that Info.

Also because its a direct upload here its not showing the images to best they can be shown... do you have a Flickr or a like account that you could share the images from?

Last edited:
These are an excellent start Susie. Macro is hard but rewarding and you've done well.

Great job Susie! :) Tripods are not for me either, too bulky and I dont have a ball-head so am limited to what angles I can get, plus I dont have the rails or other fancy gear, hand held is fine. have to take a lot more shots than with a tripod but these have come out good as far as I can tell. Crane fly looks great (y)

^ Agreed i dont use a tripod either, i maybe would for flowers but generally dont want the hassle of carrying it when out and about.

Good effort though susie, i am tempted to buy a raynox 250 to pop on my macro lens but my skills arent quite ready for that yet.

Thank you folks that's really encouraging :)

I wonder if I would do better using just a mono pod ....it has less legs to get tangled in, but would give some support for the camera.

I have two lenses ..... a 14/42 and a 45/150- plus a Raynox 150 and a Raynox 250. On this occasion I used the 45/150 with the Raynox 250 so it was probably the hardest combination that I posses to do hand held. I put my camera on auto, but used manual focus.

Bryn I do upload from Flickr but I cut the link down so it doesn't put my whole album on ....I assume it's still displaying the image stored on there.

Neil I'm very fortunate in that I have oodles of patience .... which is very handy when I'm trying this method out :) but occasionally I do feel like this :runaway:

Hats off to you. I got a raynox and boy was it hard work. Had a first go at bugs today.......rock hard!

S

I have a Raynox 150, bought it to use with my X100s but have since sold that on. It fits my 85mm though, not really gave it much of a go, must fix that.

Thank you folks that's really encouraging :)

I wonder if I would do better using just a mono pod ....it has less legs to get tangled in, but would give some support for the camera.

I have two lenses ..... a 14/42 and a 45/150- plus a Raynox 150 and a Raynox 250. On this occasion I used the 45/150 with the Raynox 250 so it was probably the hardest combination that I posses to do hand held. I put my camera on auto, but used manual focus.

Bryn I do upload from Flickr but I cut the link down so it doesn't put my whole album on ....I assume it's still displaying the image stored on there.

Neil I'm very fortunate in that I have oodles of patience .... which is very handy when I'm trying this method out :) but occasionally I do feel like this :runaway:

Ok I get what you are doing but it has lost the ability to take you to flickr which then you can view all the sizes I find it easier to confirm where focus is etc...

I'll see your settings on Flickr once I get a link to your stream hopefully then we can advice a little more.

These look great! Natural light I take it? I think you are getting great results, especially if you are just starting out.

I changed to the Raynox 150 for these to see if it was any easier...not sure if it was ....the crane fly fascinated me .... he died quite violently after apparently being bitten by a spider ....I like the soft focus all around this one.

fly by susiejb2, on Flickr

cranefly by susiejb2, on Flickr

Couldn't resist adding my four year old grandson...he took some great macro of some of the huge spiders in our garden yesterday...he's mad about nature and a really good little photographer.

P1490892 by susiejb2, on Flickr

Back