Raynox with nikon 105mm micro lens?

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
what sort of results should i expect? also when could i buy one? if it takes 1:1 as standard what would it take with a raynox? do they affect quality at all?

cheers ben

what sort of results should i expect? also when could i buy one? if it takes 1:1 as standard what would it take with a raynox? do they affect quality at all?

cheers ben

You would get in the region of 2:1 using a Raynox 250, but your DOF will be reduced along with light reaching the sensor, so a flash setup will be necessary.

A set of extension tubes (eg: Kenko) would give better results with about the the same magnification, if you use the full set, as you are not putting any glass in the path of the light. Light reaching the sensor is still cut down, so a flash set up is still going to be needed.

Have a browse through this sticky thread in the macro forum for some examples of set ups.

how much would you expect to pay for them, as Nikon ones seem to ridiculously expensive..

how much would you expect to pay for them, as Nikon ones seem to ridiculously expensive..

A set of Kenko tubes is about £120. You will get better quality than with a Raynox but lose more light with the tubes.

Back