Really impressed with Canon these days.

How comes I can't just have an opinion? I don't expect anyone to agree with me - what's up with this place today? So I don't like a camera - I don't expect that people who do like it should throw it away or stop enjoying it on my say-so. It's a forum, we voice our opinions, my opinion of that camera is worth whatever you decide it's worth (if that's sod all - I'm fine with that:)). But the world has fallen down a hole if I can't say I don't like something. How's that for a reading of live and let live? :banana:

I'll throw in I don't like Vauxhalls, I quite like Mac's but I can't justify the price. I hate the way the low end Nikon's disable features. I'm not a great fan of pastry, it gives me indigestion. No-one died here - it's just there's a camera I don't particularly like. :D

Of course you can have an opinion. There's nothing wrong with opinions but of late IMVHO you've been... bitter? and repeatedly so. You've made not so subtle digs at me in more than one thread recently and frankly I'm tired of it and of your sweeping generalisations and unwillingness to consider a contrary view.

We all have opinions and I like to read those of others but personally also I like to a little civility, humility and consideration of the views of others too, things you seem to have lacked in a threat or two of late, IMVHO.

I am sorry to vent a little, but as I said, just tired of your repeated little digs.

I'd hazard a guess that if the earlier comment had been something along the lines of "it's just there's a camera I don't particularly like" then I doubt anyone would have given a toss about it. When you get to labelling things as embarassing and rubbish then it moves from expressing an informed opinion onto slagging something off unnecessarilly. The nature of a forum then pretty much dictates that someone else is going to pass comment on your comment etc..

I'd guess you know all of that already though.

Indeed. Like Canon (or Fuji or whoever...) or not these companies do know what they're doing and their products are very seldom dogs and when they appear to be the chances are that something is being missed.

Of course you can have an opinion. There's nothing wrong with opinions but of late IMVHO you've been... bitter? and repeatedly so. You've made not so subtle digs at me in more than one thread recently and frankly I'm tired of it and of your sweeping generalisations and unwillingness to consider a contrary view.

We all have opinions and I like to read those of others but personally also I like to a little civility, humility and consideration of the views of others too, things you seem to have lacked in a threat or two of late, IMVHO.

I am sorry to vent a little, but as I said, just tired of your repeated little digs.
Sorry you've seen digs. But frankly they're a perception issue. I don't really do digs! :)

And I've certainly not had a go at anyone in this thread. Just a camera I don't like! It's weird it has been taken personally by anyone. C'est La Vie.

Back