Recent Landscape work

Edit My Images
No
due to being incredibly busy in the studio and weddings, i have found time to get out and take landscapes limited to say the least...but i have also been nominated for welsh wedding photographer of the year so it has helped a little ;-)

anyway let me know what you think of some of these

path to the camp through the bluebells by treasuredphotography, on Flickr
5E9A7397 by treasuredphotography, on Flickr
odd one out by treasuredphotography, on Flickr
5E9A0029 by treasuredphotography, on Flickr
5E9A0211 by treasuredphotography, on Flickr
5E9A7438 by treasuredphotography, on Flickr

Last edited:
1. Looks really soft, and you've got some CA or halos on the hill side. The lead in line is nice.
2. Best of the set, although I reckon it could be exposed a bit longer, my preference is for a brighter image than this.
3. Not my thing.
4. Good compostion, but the bluebells in the woodland thing is getting a bit tired, you need really good light for a shot like this to stand up against the others.
5. Its got no lead in, no start, no middle, no end. I don't like it.
6. Lovely soft evening light, nice front, and hill in the distance. This actually is the best

that was going to be the image that i entered into this months photographer of the year before not bothering for one reason and another. straight out of the camera, no editing at all other than my logo and border

My personal faves are 2 and 3 - in both cases isolating a single feature against strong backgrounds of different colours. On number 2 I like the darker blue and yellow, and feel making it lighter would have weakened the image.

Number 1 - love the composition, but as steve said, seems soft at full size + halos.
Number 4 - nice but not outstanding, asnd the patches of sunlight could do with being a bit more golden.
Number 5 - nice simple colours, but the trees & house break up the clean line too much.
Number 6 - well shot, but nowhere for the eye to rest.

Congrats on the nomination - hope you do really well. These are a nice set.

apart from number 1, these were all straight out of the camera with the POTY2014 in mind, which this month was unedited images. number 1 does look very flat on here, but perfect on my laptop! time for a recalibration on the spider!

Number 1 doesn't look flat at all, but seen larger on flickr, it is out of focus in the foreground.

Definitely #2, very minimalist with the tree placed perfectly. The blue and yellow works well too with just the right amount of saturation.

#2 and #4 for me, really nice

Cannot get on with the angle in #5 in a landscape shot

Matt - I'm guessing if cheapskate picture editors didn't go trolling around the net pinching other peoples work you wouldn't need such a prominent watermark. It's a sad reflection on other peoples morals that you need to do that.

lol i dont give a stuff if people like my watermark or not :) it usually goes on every single image i put on the internet and for good reason :)

Hey matt..although your water mark is large, If someone wants to use or save your image the water mark is not going to stop them, they'll just crop or clone it out

Robin

No.2 would have been in the points I'm sure. Nice images all round.
Have to agree re the watermark though. It's easily cloned out by a determined thief, and it does detract from a beautiful image.

When did this become a "Do you like my watermark" thread? :thinking: Number 2 is a great shot.:)

Back