Recent macros

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Not massively active recently, but still managed a couple of exciting finds by chance

Firstly a scarce tiny ladybird on my garden table while I was globby hunting (still unsuccessfully. Grr...)

Scymnus interruptus by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

Scymnus interruptus by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

New one for my 10km square. Not heard of these before so a real treat to find one that isn't even in my 'Ladybirds of Surrey' book!

Next day I went to the Riverside Nature Reserve nr Guildford, and found another new species for me, albeit a slightly more common one. This time a Water Ladybird.

Water (19 spot) ladybird by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

And this almost blue phyllobius sp. weevil.

Phyllobius sp. weevil by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

No idea what this fly is, but it was sitting on the white background of the notice board, so tried a couple of high key shots. Very different for me, not 100% sure if I like them. Second one might make a good business card, if I had any need for them. My last batch still has plenty left, annoyingly with 4 year old photos which in no way reflect my current level.

fly-key by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

. by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

Really like these Mark, that hairy little ladybird is a great find. Does it have a common name?

Lovely colours on that weevil. Despite the mono, those fly shots work for me. Very interesting set! Still lots to be found out there it seems :)

Superb as usual. The first one has to be the best looking ladybird i have seen. The area around the back of my house is crawling with them this last week and i have taken to photographing them from behind now as they have difficult faces to catch right.

Really like these Mark, that hairy little ladybird is a great find. Does it have a common name?

Lovely colours on that weevil. Despite the mono, those fly shots work for me. Very interesting set! Still lots to be found out there it seems :)

Cheers. The Scymnus ladybird doesn't have a common name that I've seen. It was only about 2.5mm, and it was only because I'd been searching for globbies that I spotted it. You'll know as well as anyone that once you've got your macro eye in, you start seeing lots that would normally pass by unnoticed.

Brilliant Mark, I actually really like the final shot very cinematic maybe be a poster for the film 'The Fly'

I got my first Globby yesterday albeit a complete fluke only noticed it was sitting on a frogs head in PP.

Excellent set Mark, the first three for me are spot on.(y)

George.

Back