Recent "Minimalist" Long Exposures

#2 is my favourite for some reason my eye goes from right to left which keeps me in the photo. #3 the lumps are too soft for me, guessing its cause of the long exposure i wonder what it would look like with less time so not so much water passing over them. #1 Lacks interest for me I see the middle and go meh! :meh: :indifferent: maybe a square crop and the pole in middle over to the right hand side might work.

However I think its a good set and something to play with and try different settings.

Good set of long exposures, #1 holds least interest for me but I like the other two, #3 is my favourite probably because it's well titled :)

Have a look at his flickr by clicking the photos above then the ... and that should allow you to see exposure times in the EXIF data.

Thanks, but having never used Flickr I thought you'd just forgot to finish typing when I got to the ... lol

But I eventually found it :D

Thanks, and the answer folks is about 5 mins each

Dave

Thanks, but having never used Flickr I thought you'd just forgot to finish typing when I got to the ... lol

But I eventually found it :D

Thanks, and the answer folks is about 5 mins each

Dave

Sorry about that Dave, should've made it clearer was in a bit of a rush. Glad you found it and I should have said the times too. :exit:

No2 & 3 are super, well done :)

Thanks for the comments everyone

#3 the lumps are too soft for me, guessing its cause of the long exposure i wonder what it would look like with less time so not so much water passing over them. #1 Lacks interest for me I see the middle and go meh! :meh: :indifferent: maybe a square crop and the pole in middle over to the right hand side might work.

Yep, I feel the same about the lumps, I don't think it's the exposure length time though, it think I just missed my opportunity with the tide, I only got one shot at this shot (usually like to get a test shot or two in) I think if I'd have shot this 5-10 minute earlier it would have come out better, I'll probably give it another go at some point. I've tried the crop with the pole leaning from the middle rather into the middle but I didn't like it much, I might have another look though.

Good set of long exposures, #1 holds least interest for me but I like the other two, #3 is my favourite probably because it's well titled :)

Thanks for the input Gramps, I like most feel the 1st is the weakest of the set

Can I just ask how long a long exposure are these ??? Ta

Yep, like you've found out all roughly around 5 minutes I think. I like to try to get the exposures around 4-8 minutes

Lovely stuff. I like 2 and 3 particularly. I went through a similar phase a few years ago and had to actively wean myself off it! Been clean for a while now but must admit to feeling the urge again recently.

Haha, like I say I go through phases, I quite enjoy it :)

Wow. How did you manage to get the backgrounds so beautiful?

Just long exposure, I like to overexpose slightly and expose for a good few minutes

Thanks for the comments everyone

Yep, I feel the same about the lumps, I don't think it's the exposure length time though, it think I just missed my opportunity with the tide, I only got one shot at this shot (usually like to get a test shot or two in) I think if I'd have shot this 5-10 minute earlier it would have come out better, I'll probably give it another go at some point. I've tried the crop with the pole leaning from the middle rather into the middle but I didn't like it much, I might have another look though.

I have tried framing it differently too however I think it is more to do with Angle, don't know if you can shoot it from a different angle and maybe lower. As with different framing still doesn't look quite right, though I sure there is a very good shot in there especially the way you are doing these for these items.

These are just superb. The simplicity and minimalism of the last one is stunning.

Thanks Peter

I have tried framing it differently too however I think it is more to do with Angle, don't know if you can shoot it from a different angle and maybe lower. As with different framing still doesn't look quite right, though I sure there is a very good shot in there especially the way you are doing these for these items.

Unfortunately not as the marker at the end of the groyne has now been completely lost to the sea in the recent storms. In fact the second shot is of the same groyne but a couple of weeks later.

Three superb images, hard to pick one out but number 3 just has it for me.

I follow you on flickr, and often suggest people look at your work who want to spend £1000's on top of the range camera kit without mastering the basics.

Fab set, as usual :) x

3 for me, just because it's something I'd have on my wall, it asks questions. Nice stuff.

Back