Recomend a tripod

Edit My Images
No
hi, at the moment i have a nasty Benk TP-215. anyway would like a new one was hopeing if someone could recomend a decent one. willing to pay £50 but not more than £60 (or am i askin for too much for very little ere) anyway must be pretty decent and possible lightweight. if it helps i have a canon 450D but i'm hopin i should be able to use the tripod for any camera.

oh an thanks for ** time.

oh come on?! seriously?! or is there not a decent tripod out there for thAT price?!!?

might be worth doing a search on this site , this subject has been done to death !

i know 'cos i've also asked the same question

i did, plus some mentioned are way outta my range. also whats a ball head?

also whats a ball head?

By my reckoning there must be at least 3 types of head.

The camera attaches to a 'quick release' plate via the thread, then to the head, then this attaches to the tripod.

1) ball head.
This is a ball and socket type of system. This allows for quick movement of the camera about a point very quickly, then it gets 'locked' into position. Useful for all over movement

2) 3 way movements.
Each axis of movement has a separate screw type 'lock'. This can be useful for panning, for example, as two axis can be locked and the third one left for panning

3) Panoramic head
Similar to the three way head, but it has a slider which can mount the camera further back, allowing it to pivot around the focal point of the lens, rather than what is usually the sensor plane of the camera.

wow. errr okay then (sorry not use to different connections all i have is a basic tripodd). what about this, it looks like its missin the arm though that use use to spin the camera round.

It looks OK, but I can't really comment, I still use a £10 Star 42 tripod I got from Tescos.

It is a ball head, and in picture number 5, you can see the quick-release plate, which attaches to your camera, and then to the ball head.

Good reviews on Redsnapper tripods, Joe gives 10% discount fot TP members, this will be in your budget!:)

got a link for em? also who is Joe?

Open the front page of TP forum and scroll down to advertising. Or if even this does not help - the link is here.

Joe, is the man behind Redsnapper and appear on these forums under the same name. His selling thread is here.

His tripods are simply awesome, and I doubt you can find this quality for the same cost anywhere else.

Doubt you'll get a tripod worth having at that budget. I got a Gitzo recently - no change from £400 - now that is a good tripod! Also the head was almost £300. I think you need to up your budget.

Doubt you'll get a tripod worth having at that budget. I got a Gitzo recently - no change from £400 - now that is a good tripod! Also the head was almost £300. I think you need to up your budget.

am sorry did u just say paid £400 just for a TRIPOD base??? :thinking:

i dont even have that sorta money for an 'L' series lens!! (if there was one at that price)

The manfrotto MY series are ok. Light weight but moderately sturdy. Won't withstand a gale, but you'd be hard pressed to get a compact tripod at the price that would. I have the 718b (I think...) and I'm quite pleased with it as a tripod to walk around with. If you look at these I'd check the maximum weigh recommendation carefully as the series are designed for compacts through to light DSLR kits. Some of them may not be strong enough for what you want.

think i'll be lookin at the redsnapper stuff. never thought photography was this expensive! 3-400 quid for a tripod?! if only they came with a set of lens too!

Back