Recommend me a 100-400 combo

Right so my thinking has moved on, I've spent 3 months with the Leica Q3, which has resulted in selling two of my GFX lenses! and is seriously making me question keeping the GFX in my camera arsenal :eek: I love the GFX but I love the Q3 more :) - so if I was to sell all the GFX kit then I would have about £4K to spend, for which I would want an FF body and lens options to cover (FF) 50 ish to 400mm, at reasonable resolution and require some decent AF with tracking options. With regard to the lenses I might be able to live with a fast 70-200 and a 100-400.

I'm not 100% convinced I want to part with GFX yet, but I have to consider the usage case, and I can see that the majority of my shooting is going to be with the Q3

I'm still not in a hurry BTW, I want to get this right first time.

Guten Abend Herr Perceptive.........

Z8 and a couple of adapted F mount lenses ?

300mm PF is small, light and f/4

I've currently got one on hire from Bray Enterprises

Und schon gibt es die Antwort, die das Budget sprengt................. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Translation - And already there is the budget busting reply
Nicht, wenn Sie den Bleistift spitzen und wie ein weiser Mann einkaufen.

Wenn Sie wie Trevor einkaufen, werden Sie sehr schnell ein armer Mann sein. :p :ROFLMAO:

Nicht, wenn Sie den Bleistift spitzen und wie ein weiser Mann einkaufen.

Wenn Sie wie Trevor einkaufen, werden Sie sehr schnell ein armer Mann sein. :p :ROFLMAO:

Und wenn Sie das Kit an Verbrecher ausleihen, wird es dadurch mit Sicherheit noch weiter entwertet

And tell me why am I scanning eBay looking at Minolta X-700s and why have I got a real lust for a Nikon ZF, I was going to ask @trevorbray if he'd tried the 300mm on the ZF but since you have 'stolen' it, I'll have to ask you how it handles on the ZF :)

Last edited:
Und wenn Sie das Kit an Verbrecher ausleihen, wird es dadurch mit Sicherheit noch weiter entwertet

And tell me why am I scanning eBay looking at Minolta X-700s and why have I got a real lust for a Nikon ZF, I was going to ask @trevorbray if he'd tried the 300mm on the ZF but since you have 'stolen' it, I'll have to ask you how it handles on the ZF :)
I'll report back over the weekend, so far i've only mounted it, balances fine, it's pretty light, a lovely thing.

Just grabbed a Sigma Art 28mm f/1.4 which is even better than the Nikon 1.4 E, brand new £579.

The ZF is also sublime with Z mount Voigtlanders.

ZF resolution is surely enough combined with the Q3 ?

I'm not that keen on the Z mount primes, boring, bland looking, optically great but.............

Looking at the Sigma 135 f/1.8 or even the Sigma Art 105mm f/1.4, all 1.6KG of it :ROFLMAO:

I'll report back over the weekend, so far i've only mounted it, balances fine, it's pretty light, a lovely thing.

Is that with an additional grip or in original form?

ZF resolution is surely enough combined with the Q3 ?

24MP would be enough assuming I have lenses to match, would want to have to rely on cropping too much.

I'm not that keen on the Z mount primes, boring, bland looking, optically great but.............

I get where you are coming from, and they do look very utilitarian - function over form

ZF definitely has kerbside appeal......................... Zu viele Möglichkeiten

Is that with an additional grip or in original form?

24MP would be enough assuming I have lenses to match, would want to have to rely on cropping too much.

I get where you are coming from, and they do look very utilitarian - function over form

ZF definitely has kerbside appeal......................... Zu viele Möglichkeiten
Don't even consider a ZF without an additional grip.......the nicest looking grip is the Nikon original but can only be imported from Japan for about £144, i've got the small rig, looks ok to me.

You will need to grow a hipster beard and wear skinny jeans with brown boots to complete the look.

Back