recommended software for xd card image recovery

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
As title really.

Anyone come across an effective recovery program? The only one I have is Sandisk Rescue Pro, which only recues Sandisk data.

Thanks in advance :)

As title really.

Anyone come across an effective recovery program? The only one I have is Sandisk Rescue Pro, which only recues Sandisk data.

Thanks in advance :)

Have you tried it Mark, as I thought it rescued anything :shrug:

I use Image Rescue from Lexar. It supports most memory card formats.

HTH

I've used rescue pro on a few different formats.

It does work on any. I have something a bit more sophisticated but it is an expensive commercial program. The Sandisk software usually works!

As far as I know Sandisk Rescue Pro works with other cards just fine. I used it to get the pics of Angkor *** that a friend had managed to lose on an SD card without any problems.

If you've already got the software you've nothing to lose by trying it.

EDIT: I think the swear filters gone over the top here... Angor what (wrong spelling) is in Cambodia. the word it's deleted is W A T

As far as I know Sandisk Rescue Pro works with other cards just fine. I used it to get the pics of Angkor *** that a friend had managed to lose on an SD card without any problems.

If you've already got the software you've nothing to lose by trying it.

EDIT: I think the swear filters gone over the top here... Angor what (wrong spelling) is in Cambodia. the word it's deleted is W A T

:LOL:

Thanks everyone! I'll give that a try then.

It's actually for my landlady's partner. I'll let him know.

Thanks again (y)

do these recovery discs/programmes only recover jpgs and not raw files?

from what i remember it should recover anything, its just a 3rd party basic recovery app they give you a link to download now so should in theory work for all files.

its been a while since i had it installed mind.

I have used Sandisk Rescue Pro to retrieve data off my hard drive.
A very useful piece of software.

if it helps, there is a free one called recuva although i dont find it works as well as the sandisk utility.

Not tried but I think that is correct

Just given this a try on an Olympus branded xD card which I think is manufactured by Samsung. On the card were JPEGs, TIFFs, a raw file (copied from the HDD onto the card) and a small selection of .docs, MP3s just to see what it fopund. Before the test, I ran the data destruction bit of RescuePro to clear the card of all other data. The data recovery part of RescuePro found all the filesthat I had copied onto the card. RescuePro has also worked on an old Viking branded card and some Jenoptiks.

I had a memory card fail when I shot my first wedding recently and the Sandick Recovery Pro managed to recover the 400 or so RAW files that I'd lost.

Just given this a try on an Olympus branded xD card which I think is manufactured by Samsung. On the card were JPEGs, TIFFs, a raw file (copied from the HDD onto the card) and a small selection of .docs, MP3s just to see what it fopund. Before the test, I ran the data destruction bit of RescuePro to clear the card of all other data. The data recovery part of RescuePro found all the filesthat I had copied onto the card. RescuePro has also worked on an old Viking branded card and some Jenoptiks.

Cheers that is useful to know that it will work with all of those files / formats (y)

Back