Red Arrows @ Minehead

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
58 views and no comments- are they THAT bad???

#1/2 is really good and I'm impressed.

#3/4 need a exposure boost or shadows increase

Nice to see what the 150-500 can do... i plan to take walk down canal near my work to see if I can get the last remaining dragons with it.

Ha ha, just spotted these Les, look good to me and #2 well timed :)

Cheers Roger, the sky kept changing from Blue to grey- sunny to cloudy and warm to cold, difficult shooting conditions :D

#1/2 is really good and I'm impressed.

#3/4 need a exposure boost or shadows increase

Nice to see what the 150-500 can do... i plan to take walk down canal near my work to see if I can get the last remaining dragons with it.

Thanks Bryn, good luck with the big Sigma, looking forward to seeing the results mate:snaphappy:

Les ;)

fantastic shots les , just seen this post , worth the wait

Thank you - they are a little out of my comfort zone to be honest

You may have got more response in "transport" ;)
the crossover shot looks good

Cheers Chris, I never considered the Transport Section

A nice set Les I found it tricky indeed trying to catch the little blighters at Fairford.

Thank you Mandy, Yes its hard - I shot these with my Sigma 150-500mm using manual focus

Les ;)

Nice set, you would have gad some replies if you had posted in the transport section, loads of airshow shots in there. The Dakota would have benefited from a slower shutter speed to give more prop blur, but apart from that nice work.

Nice set, you would have gad some replies if you had posted in the transport section, loads of airshow shots in there. The Dakota would have benefited from a slower shutter speed to give more prop blur, but apart from that nice work.

Yes I realise the Transport Section would have been a better choice - I agree about the shutter speed too, I wasn't expecting this aircraft so the camera was set to catch the Arrows lol

Les

Yes I realise the Transport Section would have been a better choice - I agree about the shutter speed too, I wasn't expecting this aircraft so the camera was set to catch the Arrows lol

Les

Nice shot Les all the same. It is always a trade off, do you go for a faster shutter speed to ensure you get some keepers, or lower the speed to get some movement. It doesnt help when you get fast jets mixed with prop aircraft either. You have to remember to keep an eye on the settings and not just look at the display. I'm still trying to get the mix right , but there are a few on here that have really nailed the technique. Recommend the transport section for some really good advice.

Nice shot Les all the same. It is always a trade off, do you go for a faster shutter speed to ensure you get some keepers, or lower the speed to get some movement. It doesnt help when you get fast jets mixed with prop aircraft either. You have to remember to keep an eye on the settings and not just look at the display. I'm still trying to get the mix right , but there are a few on here that have really nailed the technique. Recommend the transport section for some really good advice.

Thanks Doug, I really went to see the display and thought why not drag the camera out :D

58 views and no comments- are they THAT bad???

I will stroke your ego Les,:) #2 could have been the most fantastic red arrow shot ever,if only the wing tips had been level with each other. Having said that the best I have ever seen.

Great work,Les,a wonderful set with also brilliant quality.(y)

Last edited:
Thank you Richard- ego stroked to the max

Les :p:p

Back