Critique Red Arrows (Pic Heavy)

Mrs Y and I attended an excellent talk by two RA pilots at Humberside Airport a few days ago. I recognise the two guys from your last pic.

These are superb shots and beyond criticism as far as I'm concerned.

In the words of Python " You lucky, lucky B....."

Terrible photographs though. You've allowed the planes get in the way of the landscapes you see...

Well, #9 has all 9 of the aircraft in shot - your conveyance just has a wingtip in the bottom right corner!

i have just joined tp if this is the quality off pics that turn up i have a long way to go,fantastic pictures

Hi Paul , I've tried to critique one of your pictures in the past , these are just embarrassingly good !!! enough said.
Really looking forward to Waddington this year , will you be there in any capacity ?

wow wow wow. these are stunning !!!

Thanks for the positive words everyone. The news from this week is that a one off print is going to be commissioned of #4. It will be signed by all members of the 2014 Red Arrows team and auctioned with all proceeds going to the Jon Egging Trust and Blue Skies Foundation.

Stunning shots Paul, I hope you gave a Thought to us stood freezing at the end of the Runway!!!

Regards Paul

Wow, you are super lucky to have flown with those guys. Great images and an experience I doubt you'll ever forget. Very envious.

Great shots Paul.......... who said men can't multitask, flying the hawk while displaying and taking pictures at the same time :) :jaffa: :naughty:
Of course you're just making us all jealous :rolleyes: cracking set of images

Great shots Paul.......... who said men can't multitask, flying the hawk while displaying and taking pictures at the same time :) :jaffa: :naughty:
Of course you're just making us all jealous :rolleyes: cracking set of images
I was very much a passenger for these shots and had absolutely no control input at all!

I'm pretty new here but this thread combines 2 of my loves, superb photography and brilliant airmanship
:clap:

Fantastic stuff, well done.

And despite what i've read on here about it, it just shows what great results you can get with a Sigma 10-20 ;)

Fantastic stuff, well done.

And despite what i've read on here about it, it just shows what great results you can get with a Sigma 10-20 ;)
There is a bit of Sigma snobbery here. I tried before buying and it's a really superb lens.

It certainly is mate and you showed exactly what it's capable of with your fantastic photo's.

These are excellent in every way, I love them, sharp, perfect amount of motion blue from the smoke, Have to say I love the one of the pilot on his own.

Great shots and well edited too. Is it Keith Wilson writing the book where your image will be featured? If not it might be worth giving him a shout (he generally writes the RAFAT and BBMF books for Haynes). Might also be worth throwing them at Jamie Hunter (writes for Combat Aircraft Magazine). The nature of the business means you probably won't see any cash for them (as you know the Crown supplies images for free) but the exposure certainly wouldn't hurt and having a few publications on your portfolio is never a bad thing if photography is something you wanted to do full-time further down the line. Keep up the good work!

Great shots and well edited too. Is it Keith Wilson writing the book where your image will be featured? If not it might be worth giving him a shout (he generally writes the RAFAT and BBMF books for Haynes). Might also be worth throwing them at Jamie Hunter (writes for Combat Aircraft Magazine). The nature of the business means you probably won't see any cash for them (as you know the Crown supplies images for free) but the exposure certainly wouldn't hurt and having a few publications on your portfolio is never a bad thing if photography is something you wanted to do full-time further down the line. Keep up the good work!

Great advice, could you PM me a contact email for Keith if you have it please, I'd be more than happy to get these shots in print. In terms of JH, I was at Scampton the week after he was to get his shots that became Crown Copyright - I'm not sure mine will appear in CA when the editor has his own! :)

I'm not interested in seeing cash for these (the Reds rules were made abundantly clear when I visited). They will hopefully serve as a springboard to bigger things though! I've given image 4 to some people raising money for the Jon Egging Trust. 4 prints will be made of the image, the first will go to the Red Arrows, the remaining 3 will be auctioned for the trust (having been signed by the Team first). I'm hoping they make an absolute fortune!

Thanks for the great words.

All the best,

Paul

Back