Name
Les
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken this afternoon, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 +1.4TC, 1/6400 sec @ f4, ISO 400
Larger image link provided.

VK0I8793s.jpg

http://www.lesmclean.co.uk/Harewwod1/VK0I8793.jpg

That is very nearly superb Les ... (y) ... a wonderful image and without those damned wing tags too ... :D

:p

Great shot!

The light on the wings really makes this shot. (y)

Cracking shot Les. Was it windy? You imagine the bird is twisting to turn and adjusting for the wind. :shrug:

As Cedric says the light detailing the wings makes this a keeper! (y)

Excellent capture Les, well done (y) Lens working well for you then! Was this hand-held?

Just beautiful - looking forward to visiting Kite Land as we have only had one brief sighting around here

thats a stunning pic les,the pose is awesome.i might take a trip to eccup or harewood myself this weekend if i get the time

Cracking shot Les. Was it windy? You imagine the bird is twisting to turn and adjusting for the wind. :shrug:

(y)

It was one of a pair, doing their usual aerial acrobats

Excellent capture Les, well done (y) Lens working well for you then! Was this hand-held?

Yes, even I can avoid camera shake at 1/6400 sec expsure ;) :)

Cracking shot :clap:
Like CT says, the lighting on those wings....(y)

Yes, even I can avoid camera shake at 1/6400 sec expsure ;) :)

:LOL: :LOL:

How did you find the weight of the lens when shooting into the sky? That's a big lens for long periods of upwards shooting :D

:LOL: :LOL:

How did you find the weight of the lens when shooting into the sky? That's a big lens for long periods of upwards shooting :D

Difficult, could only manage for short spurts, resting in between, the back of my neck was aching when I returned home.

Although it's not too difficult to carry, when I'm out walking the dogs I often take the lens, I carry it (on camera) cradled over my forearm, with the camera resting in my hand, I find this is the most comfortable way to manage it.

Back