Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry USA

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Always liked the american trucks and intended to get some shots of some of the very nice ones you see on the interstates. Intended to but never really got to do it. Always saw the best ones when driving!

We phoned home with skype and picked up random wireless internet connections just by parking at the roadside. Snapped the first 3 whilst Jill was chatting.

truck01.jpg

truck01a.jpg

truck02.jpg

This one was crossing the Hoover dam.
truck03.jpg

I've put a bunch of pictures and text in a page on my webspace if anyone wants more USA pictures. Some of it is lifted from my forum posts here but Vegas and The Grand Canyon stuff is also there http://www.robertpeacock.co.uk/ all in one big (lazy) 16MB page!

I like the great big splash of red in that first one. You just gotta love those beasts anyway. :)

On the highway coming up from NY glad I was not driving as my spped-limiter that sits beside me would want me to stick to yhe leaga 55 limit whilst these beasts were doing about 70 and not taking prisoners! Lovely pictures of what lookes like a great trip.

Some big rigs there Robert.
I didn't see any of the big rigs on my travels to the US.

I like your documentary holiday page.
Unfortunately pictures can't emphasize the enormity of the Grand Canyon.

nice trucks, and your website is really good, very interesting read. grand canyon must have rocked when it had water in it!

As I understand it the entire grand canyon was made just by erosion from the Colorado river. The river wears some rock away and the edges fall down etc. - so it was never full of water ;)

:)
As I understand it the entire grand canyon was made just by erosion from the Colorado river. The river wears some rock away and the edges fall down etc. - so it was never full of water ;)

it would have been a hell of a lot of water to fill it..:thinking:

Back