Wild Red Squirels

Name
paul rogers
Edit My Images
Yes
Here a quick four I have looked at from Friday out with My friend Bob Mcconville
just hope he has some good pictures as I lent him my canon 100-400 L lens to use.
As I forgot the big mama I said he could use.
Not a sign of a squirrel for over 2 hrs then they appear all taken with canon 7d and the 100-400 wen I could get the lens off him ha ha

15767727818_1699506dca_o.jpg

15954478402_7d79a1a8e7_o.jpg

15769113899_e5fd291b9e_o.jpg

15767727838_02e9a8e419_o.jpg

glad you like it chris
over 100 views one comment . may save my time in future and post elswere

Hi

I think the last 2 are the money shots :) The effect of the dappled light is something quite magical in that it seems to show their character more than the 'standard' Red Squirrel images.

Can you say where they were taken as the image with the two of them looks like the log was baited with hazelnuts???

Looks like you had some every harsh winter light there.

The fourth one is the best in my opinion, some of the others look a mite soft.

north east of England near derwent reservoir if you want exact location PM me
we were there for 2 hrs. from about 10-30 am to 12-30 pm and not a sign of them then they appeared from now were there was 3 in total there used to be four BUt we herd that some kids killed one of them cannot vouch that that was true but only 3 showed so got to think ?
it was overcast till around 1 pm then sun started to break through the clouds

Personal favorite is the last one, i really like how the light lands on its face and back.

I agree the last one is the most successful. Broken light is alway a challenge especially with figity subjects, and it's the last photo where you've worked with the light the best. With the second, I'd like to see the ear tuffs and top of the head dodged so it's closer to the rest of the face in terms of brightness.

Superb shot fella its really amazing i just loved this creature mind blowing i wish i could take this shot ever.

Back