Red Squirrel

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
I did not want a close up of the animal with a nice clean background, I wanted some habitat in the shot. Hence the odd looking exif info.

Comments as welcome as ever,good or bad.

Red Squirrel Nov 5 by Fracster, on Flickr

Looks like a stump I've seen before :thinking:, super detail.

Nice to see some environment, contrasting green is pleasant though very slightly distracted by the large area of OOF greenery in the front - would also clone out the bit of grass to bottom left. :)

I think you've achieved what you were after (y)

That stump - I was going to make an incredible hulk joke but I wont.

Looks like a stump I've seen before :thinking:, super detail.
Cheers Neil, you know were I went,so probably have seen it before,though it may have more moss on it now.

Nice to see some environment, contrasting green is pleasant though very slightly distracted by the large area of OOF greenery in the front - would also clone out the bit of grass to bottom left. :)
I understand what you are saying Roger, but I didn`t want the animal on a single plane perch, I guess it may not work for some.I did want it all in focus but F8 was as small as I dare go with the available light.

I take on board what you say though and appreciate you both having a look and commenting.

Cheers.

Joe, a mate of mine was there with me and has a shot of me, the camera and the subject within 12 inch of each other. These are bloody fearless, I could have, literally picked one up.

I'm happy with the results but strive for better, best of luck in your project bud.

gary.....dont you bloody well dare sunshine.

Bin a while since you picked anything up.
Last time was some wazzock from Stonehaven.Though he can be forgiven for bringing his lovely wife.

So that is where my wee Red,s have all gone to! Nice one.

So that is where my wee Red,s have all gone to! Nice one.
they are making a comeback down here mate, been spotted on the estate as well. Setting up a caged feeding area for them, see what happens. Be up next spring, you can buy breakfast, if you like.

Were did you get that hat, were did you get that hat. ;)
Just seen.
it is very warm and stops me falling on my arse down a muddy bank, coating my strides with mud and then expecting to get on the front seat of a Nissan patrol bud......

I'm not keen on the first one Ade sorry but it doesn't look quite right but that's probably just me :)
but the second one is superb love the way he's looking round to the left, really works well:)

I'm not keen on the first one Ade sorry but it doesn't look quite right but that's probably just me :)
but the second one is superb love the way he's looking round to the left, really works well:)
Thanks for the comments Pete,could you say why you don`t like the first one?

I would be interested to know why.

These sort of shots are something i`m eager to persue, so your input is appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi Ade sorry for the delay in replying, I work shifts :)
It's hard to put into words but comparing the first one to the second as soon as I saw the second one I much preferred the second:)
I think the first squirrel doesn't stand out so much from the background the second one still shows the environment but is larger in the frame compared to the log he's on
And I really like the face on angle of the second oneI hope that makes sense I'm not always good at explaining what I mean
But the first one is still a great shot and is way better than the red squirrel shots that I've taken

Hi Ade sorry for the delay in replying, I work shifts :)
It's hard to put into words but comparing the first one to the second as soon as I saw the second one I much preferred the second:)
I think the first squirrel doesn't stand out so much from the background the second one still shows the environment but is larger in the frame compared to the log he's on
And I really like the face on angle of the second oneI hope that makes sense I'm not always good at explaining what I mean
But the first one is still a great shot and is way better than the red squirrel shots that I've taken
Thanks Pete, something I shall think about for future shots.

well done on a great capture
shame there are not hundreds of comments

well done on a great capture
shame there are not hundreds of comments
Thanks for dropping by and commenting Paul.

The amount of comments don`t bother me, just nice that some people do.

they are making a comeback down here mate, been spotted on the estate as well. Setting up a caged feeding area for them, see what happens. Be up next spring, you can buy breakfast, if you like.
Buzzards up here have really taken their toll on the Red Squirrel population. Ta for telling me you are coming up in the spring, gives me time to save up some cash to pay for the amount you can put away when it is for free;)

Back