Redpoll

Are you saying it's soft or lacking contrast Bill ?

Phil, for me it's lacking a little contrast in the highlights or maybe a little "black" .... albeit a very good shot

Last edited:
Phil, for me it's lacking a little contrast in the highlights or maybe a little "black" .... albeit a very good shot

Thanks Bill.

I always find their plumage to be quite pastel / diffused. Not an overly contrasty bird if you know what I mean.

Yet to see one this year, nice to see it and a good image :)

Great image of a cracking wee bird.

Agree with minnnt above, just superb when viewing large version on flick'r.

Don't get out so much now with disabilities. Wind street is still wild AFAIK if you have been there. The council seem to want to mess everything up for the bendy buses, it's crazy some of the decisions they have made to accomodate them. They just seem to want drive people away from the city center to Cardiff or the out of town shopping centres.

I just go out for the football and have a couple of drinks with friends in pubs around the stadium. Often take the dog down to Mumbles, wife parks me on a bench to take photos whilst she walks the dog.

You worked here or went to Uni?

Cheers Simon

How is Swansea these days ?

Don't get out so much now with disabilities. Wind street is still wild AFAIK if you have been there. The council seem to want to mess everything up for the bendy buses, it's crazy some of the decisions they have made to accomodate them. They just seem to want drive people away from the city center to Cardiff or the out of town shopping centres.

I just go out for the football and have a couple of drinks with friends in pubs around the stadium. Often take the dog down to Mumbles, wife parks me on a bench to take photos whilst she walks the dog.

You worked here or went to Uni?

Uni and a few years afterwards back in the early 90s. Lived on Spring Terrace next to The Vetch and then at the top of Constitution Hill. Fun times although the football wasn't up to much back then.

Last edited:
You had plenty of places to spend your student money on, in the pubs around the Vetch;) Most of them have closed down with the stadium move. I used to drink in the Queens, Garabaldi then sometimes the Bond Strret Club, Badminton and the Robin Hood. Had some fun around that area in my younger days. You had to be a fit man to climb that hill, it was bad enough going up in a car with the cobbled road. I lived in Hanover Street for a while, so sometimes frequented the Tenby.

I'm from the Morriston and live near Morriston Hospital if you know the area.

Edit: Wind Street is possibly after your time. It's like the Kingsway but 10 x as many pubs. The Kingsway is dead these days and theres only the Oceana Club, which is in the old Top Rank. You may have been to Barons but it's been converted to flats now. What about Dora's, like something out of the wild west.

Apologies to others for taking thread off track.

Uni and a few years afterwards back in the early 90s. Lived on Spring Terrace next to The Vetch and then at the top of Constitution Hill. Fun times although the football wasn't up to much back then.

Last edited:
Back