Relax

very nice i like that a lot,did you give him his shoes back ?

Thanks for your comments Derek, much appreciated. That's just how he was without shoes.:)

George.

a shallow DOF would have helped this as the background is rather distracting.

Id also like to know where this was taken.. so i can ensure i dont visit lol

I think the juxtaposition of the bench and sofa give some credibility to the shot. A shallow depth of field would have removed that, and then sadly, it would just be yet another B&W street shot exploiting yet another homeless person. The sofa in the background is all that's stopping this from being such a self-congratulatory, masturbatory and cynical "one story" depiction of homeless people.

I think the juxtaposition of the bench and sofa give some credibility to the shot. A shallow depth of field would have removed that, and then sadly, it would just be yet another B&W street shot exploiting yet another homeless person. The sofa in the background is all that's stopping this from being such a self-congratulatory, masturbatory and cynical "one story" depiction of homeless people.

Thanks David, much appreciated, glad you spotted why I gave the shot a little mote DOF.(y)

George.

a shallow DOF would have helped this as the background is rather distracting.

Id also like to know where this was taken.. so i can ensure i dont visit lol

Thanks Phill, Appreciate your comments. The extra DOF was done deliberately to include the background in reasonable focus to link the two types of resting places ie for some that cannot afford normal everyday comforts and for some that can.

George.

How do you know it's a homeless person. He/she might just be an eccentric geezer having a rest for all we know. And don't tell me it's the scruffy clothes 'cos there's plenty of people with somewhere to live that walk around towns dressed worse than that.

I think the DOF issue would also eliminate the all important sign "Relax its included". The background adds to the image and it was a great spot george and well executed it does look a little tilted to the right so a slight ACW rotation would make the door vertical again.

I think the DOF issue would also eliminate the all important sign "Relax its included". The background adds to the image and it was a great spot george and well executed it does look a little tilted to the right so a slight ACW rotation would make the door vertical again.

Thanks Bryn, I much appreciate your comments.(y)

I hadn't noticed a lean to the right when doing the B&W PP work, the actual area that the shot was taken does have a gradient going down to the left. Maybe it was my pc monitor that was p****d, LOL.:) Your eagle eye matey is very good. Great stuff.

George.

How do you know it's a homeless person.

I think it's a reasonable assumption. Besides.. what meaning I take from it, was put there by the author.. not me.

Back