Remote for Nikon D60

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I'm after a remote for my D60. Ive seen that the ML-L3 will work? Is this correct?

Will the remote work if I stand behind the camera?

Where is the best place to pick them up from? Ive only see the cheap nasty one on ebay?

Thanks

Can you get a remote for this camera that works from behind?

I want to do some photos using long shutter speeds and want to reduce the camera shake from me pressing the release button?

Can you get a remote for this camera that works from behind?

I want to do some photos using long shutter speeds and want to reduce the camera shake from me pressing the release button?

you can still use that remote , just stand behind the camera and point remote from the side , works perfectly !

sorry if my first post confused the issue

As it is an infra-red remote, it should only work from 90 degrees left to 90 degrees right of the sensor (the front of the camera/to either side)
My grandpa has this remote, I remember using it with my D60 infact! I tested it for range, and got about 3-4 meters. Could be more could be less, I have a pretty bad memory

you can rig up a little deflector if you need to - this will aloow you to use the remote from behind - many of the cheap remotes from the far east on ebay even come with one supplied.

Make your own!

3338837813_c03422a020.jpg

Now that's what you call cheap and nasty, but it works a treat :D.

I got a cheap and nasty off ebay and couldn't be happier. About 3-4 metres working distance and no problems as of yet. If you're only going to be using it for bulb mode, self portraits, or so you don't shake the camera when you press the shutter then get a cheapo one. Though I would like to try a proper one and see if there really is any difference.

Back