Renault world series at Silverstone - First thread of many from this event.

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
Well i went too Silverstone for the first time ever today for the Renault world series. It was a great day that i am not going to forget for a while. From a photography point of view, silverstone is shocking. Fences everywhere. They had the F1 car there and by god is it loud. I missed the first shot as i jumped out of my skin when it went by! The noise is fantastic though. It was the first F1 car i have ever seen and i want more! There were loads of people so getting to the fence was hard and peoples heads got in the way. Suppose you cant complain though as it is free!!
Enough talk more pictures:

1. F1 car too kick things off. This is a big crop.
100_7046.jpg

2. A rather bright Megane.
100_7067.jpg

3. And another
100_7092.jpg

4. A Formula Renault
100_7098.jpg

5. And another
100_7111.jpg

6. A bigger engined Formula Renault.
100_7198.jpg

7. That F1 car again. Another crop.
100_7214.jpg

8. A sideways R5 Maxi Turbo. Big crop.
100_7227.jpg

9. A gaggle of formula Renaults going into a cornor. Big crop.
100_7308.jpg

A know some of them are samey but hey it was a great day that im not going too forget for a while

C and C please.
Thanks Matt (y)

I have tickets for that but never went

Was it any good?

Glad you enjoyed it Matt, still wondering whether to go for a few hours tomorrow or not. Quick question, what was traffic like getting into circuit? Not bothered about parking, thats sorted already, but wondering how busy it was?

Couple of nice pics there! I think you can see how quick you have to be with the F1 cars when they are full tilt (y)

Glad you enjoyed it Matt, still wondering whether to go for a few hours tomorrow or not. Quick question, what was traffic like getting into circuit? Not bothered about parking, thats sorted already, but wondering how busy it was?

Couple of nice pics there! I think you can see how quick you have to be with the F1 cars when they are full tilt (y)

It was ok, about 5 minute wait. Worse bit was getting over the footbridge from a field, dont ask me where i aint got a clue :D But this was at 11:30 on a qualifying day so race day is more than likely too be worse but it is defiantly worth it, if not for the F1 car alone.

(y) Cheers. it was really quick and loud!

Worse bit was getting over the footbridge from a field, dont ask me where i aint got a clue :D But this was at 11:30 on a qualifying day so race day is more than likely too be worse but it is defiantly worth it, if not for the F1 car alone.

:LOL: You know that was MY experience last last - except at Donny, bloody big queue over a footbridge!

Hmmm.... ok, weather is meant ot be nice, so I think I will go along early, do a few hours and get home in time for the GP. I just gots to give this new lens a run out somewhere and some friends are there for weekend, so good an excuse as any! Thanks Matt (y)

:LOL: You know that was MY experience last last - except at Donny, bloody big queue over a footbridge!

Hmmm.... ok, weather is meant ot be nice, so I think I will go along early, do a few hours and get home in time for the GP. I just gots to give this new lens a run out somewhere and some friends are there for weekend, so good an excuse as any! Thanks Matt (y)

Have fun. If you love motorsport you will have loads of fun!!

Nice shots Matt.
Some good angles and some great panning there. Not to mention plenty of (bright) colours.
dean:)

Some great pics there, i know how hard it is to get good uns at silverstone, was there at JTS the other week for EDC rd 3....

From a photography point of view, silverstone is shocking. Fences everywhere.

[snip]

There were loads of people so getting to the fence was hard and peoples heads got in the way.

Personally, I thought it was rather better than both Donnigton and especially Rockingham! Just a pointer from my limited Silverstone experience; I tried photography from a number of places on Saturday (pics to follow if anything a bit different/interesting) and found that all along the straight was pretty poor (though Copse was good for sheer spectator value for the kids), but Luffield A and B were pretty good; you gould get up above the fence and get some decent panning shots around the complex. Also, down at Abbey for the Clios/Meganes was superb......no real fences, prety close to the track, very quiet and lots of cars going spinney spinney!

Personally, I thought it was rather better than both Donnigton and especially Rockingham! Just a pointer from my limited Silverstone experience; I tried photography from a number of places on Saturday (pics to follow if anything a bit different/interesting) and found that all along the straight was pretty poor (though Copse was good for sheer spectator value for the kids), but Luffield A and B were pretty good; you gould get up above the fence and get some decent panning shots around the complex. Also, down at Abbey for the Clios/Meganes was superb......no real fences, prety close to the track, very quiet and lots of cars going spinney spinney!

Im used to Oulton which has nearly no fences, only one or two. I dont know where i stood so i could have stood where you say.

Some nice shots there - i went yesterday and found that that you had to get high up to get outta the way of the damn fences - i'm gutted as all my images seem to be oof in some way :) Is an awsome day out *** and hell was the weather hot!!!

Some nice shots there - i went yesterday and found that that you had to get high up to get outta the way of the damn fences - i'm gutted as all my images seem to be oof in some way :) Is an awsome day out *** and hell was the weather hot!!!

We didnt have hot weather :(

Back