Repair advice required

Edit My Images
No
I'm looking at buying a 2nd hand lens originally bought from Panamoz. I don't believe there are any current issues with it however should it need to be repaired by Canon, will the fact it's from Panamoz cause me issues?

Thanks have emailed them, does anyone have any experience as they may not reply this weekend and that's when I'm planning to buy!

I think you will only have problems if you wanted to get the lens fixed under warranty, if there's no warranty left on the lens and you experience issues, I don't think it matters where the lens was bought, because you would be paying for the repair. http://www.fixationuk.com/Fixation/Repairs.html check their T&Cs or FAQs

Just reading their T&Cs, they don't accept items sent to them from outside Europe or the USA, but nothing about a grey import sent to them for repair from the UK

Just to clarify I have spoken with Canon today. They have stated they will repair grey import lenses at the cost of repair. Obviously they won't do warranty repairs but if you buy used the warranty expires any way so you would be liable to pay costs.

Back